Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Black Powder

• Thank you received: 147

Black Powder was created by Akai

Anyone into the Black Powder guns I'm sure everyone has at least 1?
Just picked up a 36cal. 1851 Navy and looking forward to shooting this weekend.
AKAI
11 years 1 week ago #21495

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Black Powder

I used to shoot my Dad's Hawken and Kentucky rifles. He made them from kits with some of his own ideas in the 70's. He doesn't care for shooting them anymore due to the work required to clean them. Some day they will get another deer.......

Years ago my Dad and I talked Mother into shooting one. We had placed a target with a hole in the bull already thinking she would miss totally. When the three of us walked up and saw the two touching holes in the bull we had some crow to eat! :huh: :pinch: :dry: :lol:
LIBERTY FIRST!
11 years 1 week ago #21497

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Black Powder

Nice ,those women surprise me all the time, my wife shoots better then me until her luck runs out, but I do have to give her credit :thumbs: Did't want to be negative but the cleaning is a chore although my other weapons get a good cleaning so what the heck B)
AKAI
11 years 1 week ago #21498

Dad is in his 70's and a very particular person, not able to do it well himself there is no way could I do it well enough for him so they hang on the wall. I look forward to cleaning them someday, it was something we did together when I was a kid so I'll be doing it by myself when the time arrives, makes me a little weepy now........
LIBERTY FIRST!
11 years 1 week ago #21500

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by Redscout02 on topic Black Powder

Oh that 36 is a good one Akai, I have a Lyman Great Plains 50 cap lock, and love to shoot it. I use to muzzel stuff more than modern, before I retire from the Air Force. Back when I had leave and could go to Rendezous, I won the Washington State muzzel loader shoot in 92 and man that seems a long time ago.

Have you shot these pistols before?
11 years 1 week ago #21502

I've got another question to add; Any ideas what an approximate cost per shot on black-powder shooting these days? It was dirt cheap as a kid but so was reloading then......
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by jtallen83. Reason: can't spell or edit
11 years 1 week ago #21507

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Black Powder

.45LC kirst conversion is too much fun. playing jose wales never gets old. It's just so forgiving to shoot and load for with a lee hand press.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
11 years 1 week ago #21510

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!