Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Awesome Bore Brush...

• Sharkey
  • Sharkey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Life Member
  • Life Member
  • Playgirl's Center-fold of the Century
  • Thank you received: 175

Awesome Bore Brush... was created by Sharkey

I just got some in for my Benelli M4. The slugs I shoot tend to be on the dirty side but VERY accurate with my smooth bore so I'm willing to live with the carbon in trade for the accuracy but cleaning can sometimes be a pain.

I bought a couple of these and they are like MAGIC to bring the bore back to INCREDIBLY clean but I'm worried they might be TOO much in there although - WOW is my bore like glass right now..

Anyone tried em in one of our rifles yet?

If not, please give me a good guestimate on what you think? Would they harm my chrome lined barrel or no?

They come in .308 and I'd be glad to try a set but just don't want to harm anything in there...

They are called both " tornado brushes " and "Twister Coiled Brushes" and I THINK they are stainless but not certain.

Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by mlotziii. Reason: Added link
11 years 2 months ago #17040

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Awesome Bore Brush...

Tornado brushes by design are going to be less abrasive than a standard bristle brush of the same material. Like in that tooth brush commercial, it's the tip of the bristle that does scratching. The Tornado brush is far less gouging on a bore while still being enough to scrape out fouling. I use them for my .45 and they rock when shooting naked lead. Real good for black powder use too. They last much longer than typical brushes, the one I bought for .45 pistol is 16-17 years old and still rocking.

I tried one once in .30 cal and it had to be tapped out with a hammer, they just don't do well in the smaller sizes because the loops are too dang stiff. I say NO-GO for rifle use because of that.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moby, Sharkey
11 years 2 months ago #17042

• Sharkey
  • Sharkey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Life Member
  • Life Member
  • Playgirl's Center-fold of the Century
  • Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Awesome Bore Brush...

Thanks Colt. I trust your experience on these toys.

I'm so "old school" on this stuff that it took me MONTHS to decide to actually buy one of these things but I'm glad I did.

It's tough breaking those old habits and seeking out new stuff sometimes.... Glad I went with it for my Benelli though. She deserves it... :)

I appreciate the good input buddy. :thumbs:
11 years 2 months ago #17043

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Awesome Bore Brush...

I've got a brass colored version in .45,.38, and .30, got them in a box lot at auction for cheap. Had the same experience as Colt, I only use the .45. The supposed ".30" just doesn't seem to fit, maybe a .270 or so would work. I don't use the .38 either, seems like the smaller loops just don't have the give and take more pressure than I'm comfortable with.
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by jtallen83.
11 years 2 months ago #17049

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!