Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Bore Snake

• Thank you received: 1

Bore Snake was created by Maximus

Bought the correct size #25 bore snake to clean my AR10T in 260 Remington. DAMN! had a hard time pulling it through the bore. Used Hoppes #9 ahead of the brush and it did get the bore clean as it should. But I had to wrap the thing around a hammer handle to pull hard enough to get it through. Is this normal?:ohmy:
13 years 1 month ago #7002

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by jim243 on topic Re: Bore Snake

I would guess that it is a new bore snake. Since it's for 6.5 to .264 I would guess it might be a little tite at first. It should get easyier as you use it more and more. You may want to pull it from the chamber to the crown it should start easyier that way.

Jim
13 years 1 month ago #7009

Replied by Maximus on topic Re: Bore Snake

The end is folded over and sewn to form a handle. That makes the end double thick. I think I will remove the sewing and make it only one thickness.

I was feeding it into the chamber end and pulling from the muzzle. Grrr!
13 years 1 month ago #7011

Replied by Maximus on topic Re: Bore Snake

Upon closer observation the entire length is doubled over inside and sewed near the bore brush. Rather than messing it up I will just use it for some larger calibers. I'll buy a 22 or 24 size for this gun.:angry:
13 years 1 month ago #7017

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic coach handbags usa

view <a href=http://coachhandbagsusa.weebly.com/>coach handbags usa to take huge discount at my estore
12 years 3 months ago #9569

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!