Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

KG Industries

• Thank you received: 1

KG Industries was created by NBT

I know there are limitless possibilities in regards to cleaning products for our guns. A few years ago I was introduced to a lubricant from a company called KG Industries. At that time, I had never heard of them but decided to give the oil a go. I'm happy to report that not only did the oil exceed expectations, I also use the entire line of firearm cleaning and lubrication products on my firearms. The copper and carbon remover, oil, and solvent degreaser has worked flawlessly. Recently we were on a pig hunt, and a friend's 30-30 became lightly covered in surface rust from the moisture in the air...and over night. I cleaned his gun, removed the rust without incident, and applied KG-4 Gun Oil and lightly wiped the gun "dry".
The surface rust not return in the fashion that it appeared, he also mentioned the action on the gun was much smoother than in times past.
I would just mark this up to not keeping up with firearm maintenance/cleanliness, but my friend is retired Army Ranger...so it's certainly not that.
A little goes a long way with the KG product, and I still have half of what I purchased 2 years ago...minus the spray cleaner/degreaser. I really spray my guns down with this stuff....it dries extremely fast...and if there was any complaint about the product...it would be the whitish residue left once this spray is dry. It show's me what I have missed...so I don't mind it.

www.scopedin.com/reviews/at-the-bench/kg...-cleaning-chemicals/

I usually follow the "KG product numerical order" when cleaning said firearm....starting with spraying it down with the #3 and letting it drain/dry. Repeat as needed...depending on how dirty your rig is.
Then I run #1,2, and 4. Depending on what firearm I'm cleaning...I will sometimes hit it with #3 after #2...removing any leftover's...inspect...run some patches...and then oil as needed.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by NBT.
12 years 3 months ago #9551

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Re: KG Industries

And that is precisely why I was an early adopter of black guns. Aesthetics be damned, I see no reason to take a piece of furniture out into the wet drippy woods!

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
12 years 3 months ago #9555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!