Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Suggestions for the site...

• Thank you received: 96

Suggestions for the site... was created by txlongshotb4

I have an idea about something I'd like to see here on the site within the forums.

We have categories on everything from gear to ammo, but there is no "official" section to address the shooting techniques of these guns.

The AR-10 has something that few other rifles can boast...the AR-10 fills every role from close quarters combat to long range marksmanship, and is suitable for hunting pretty much anything on four legs within at least the Southern United States. These rifles are capable of pretty much any discipline of shooting one can think of, with the exception of skeet or bird hunting-unless you're just that good. That said, there is a vast bank of knowledge out there that we haven't even tapped here...there are a million ways to shoot these rifles, a million ways to outfit them for the specific application desired, and a million shooters out there who have some very good insight based on a lot of experience...and we need to share all of that information.

I'd like to see a forum category devoted specifically to shooting the AR-10, perhaps with sub-categories for Close Quarters/Tactical,Three Gun Match/competition,Long Range Tactical shooting, Long Range Recreational shooting,Hunting, and anything else that you guys out there can imagine that we can do with these very versatile rifles. Each of these shooting disciplines have unique gear/skill requirements, as well as a huge host of tips and tricks from experienced shooters that can help others to be a better marksman. I feel that the creation of sub-categories designed to address each of them would make it easier for us to navigate within the paremeters we are interested in and communicate within the community with our fellow like-minded shooters, as well as make it easier to get feed-back on what gear and techniques/tips and tricks are working or what is not working for shooters doing the things we want to accomplish.
What do you guys think?
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by txlongshotb4.
12 years 1 month ago #11063

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by Redscout02 on topic Re: Suggestions for the site...

Now there is a good ideal.
12 years 1 month ago #11064

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by 12stones on topic Re: Suggestions for the site...

Agreed, that's a great idea.
12 years 1 month ago #11070

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re: Suggestions for the site...

I love the idea and will include those with the next update which is coming in the next two weeks.
12 years 1 month ago #11071

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by txlongshotb4 on topic Re: Suggestions for the site...

Spectacular, thanks! I'll be all over that long range tactical spot, and watching the competition stuff as well. I've been interested in three gun match stuff, and I kind of want to get into it but I need some good guidelines.
12 years 1 month ago #11079

So on this how do go about adding or asking to add a link? I will tell you I am not the greatest with the link web address thing. But I found a link on another gun site and many of might know it. Guns American you can join for free and build a wish list, and they have a couple of AR-10's on it as matter of fact I see them on there all the time for sale. I just want to be able to let someone know about who may not. Thanks
12 years 4 weeks ago #11127

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Re: Suggestions for the site...

Haven't heard of them Redscout02 I'll take a look! otherwise just copy cut and paste the link or add files. This should be interesting, got my attention
AKAI
AKAI
12 years 4 weeks ago #11128

Ok that sounds easy AKAI, but I beleave I will let you who know what your doing there run with that.

But I would like to hear what you think about gun america site they some good info there. I was just reading a story about makeing your bullets. I have done that for years.
12 years 4 weeks ago #11159

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Re: Suggestions for the site...

AKAI
11 years 11 months ago #11512

Well good to have you back, yes that is the site.
11 years 11 months ago #11520

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!