Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Points

Its soda water, pop is actually a Johnny come lately. In the old days you went to a drug store and got a soda water and you could have it flavored with coke, Dr Pepper, Pepsi etc. These came in gallon jugs as a syrup. You ordered your drink from a soda jerk. They were called that as they had to jerk the soda water handle as it was under a lot of pressure.

The pop thing came about when the syrup makers started bottling their syrup and soda water together. When you opened the bottle it made a distinctive POP sound.

There are only a few places today you can get a soda water and have add the syrup to it. I think there is a drug store in Bastrop Texas that is still doing it. But almost all have gone to mixing the syrup/soda water at the dispenser itself. One hose for the soda water and one hose for the syrup. If you finesse the trigger mech you can get and extra shot or two of syrup.

If you ask for POP you are asking for a bottle, if you are asking for a soda water you are truly old school like me. Soda water is in fact my fav drink, I drink very little syrup drinks and if I do its almost always a Mexican or other foreign Coke or a Root Beer, but mostly just plain soda water which I can almost always finesse out of the dispensers with a deft hand...
11 years 2 months ago #18511

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Points

One of my favorite beverages is called Klarbrunn's. it's nothing but carbonated spring water with lemon or lime flavoring in it. Cuts the thirst like nothing else. I am going to pony up for one of those carbonation systems and start making my own. Cheaper in the long run, and the original diet drink.
11 years 2 months ago #18513

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Points

How about some of these?

11 years 2 months ago #18521

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Points

locknloadjava.e-beans.net/coffees/
I ordered a bag each of Smooth Operator and Warrior Select. I was gonna order Sniper's Choice but then realized it was decaf.

Vet owned companies like this and Ranger Up just have that twisted humor that I miss from my service days.
RLTW
11 years 2 months ago #18544

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Points

Gallows and twisted types of humor are an acquired taste... Can't say I'd recommend what it takes to get it to just anyone though... ;)
11 years 1 month ago #18560

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Points

As much as I go through I'll be sure to give them a try. :thumbs:
AKAI
11 years 1 month ago #18574

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Points

I just opened this thread to see how you all could have possibly crated 5 pages of posts about points. I'm delighted to see that there are so many people who are beverage aficionados.

I personally love Fresca but my favorite beverage of all time is Vodka with a splash of tonic.
11 years 1 month ago #18587

• Thank you received: 153

Replied by mrraley on topic Points

:rotfl: :hijacked:

I figured since I had received my answer on the points... it didnt matter where this went.

I see they liked the coffee I recomended lock-n-load java. My girlfriend ordered me some coffee from them...

but now you all bring vodka into the mix... here is a new and upcoming you should keep an eye out for.

Link to ... Heros Vodka
"Attack the issue NOT the individual"

“Fix the problem, DON’T affix the blame”

"Prosecute the position, NOT the person"
11 years 1 month ago #18589

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Points

COCKTAILS! Now we're talking!

While I'm a fan of V&T's and G&T's, especially on a hot summer day, if you're not a fan of the quinine taste in tonic water substitute it with club soda and make a Vodka/Gin Rickey. Garnish with either/both wedge of lemon and wedge of lime.

Two of my favorite vodka based cocktails are the Cape Cod and the Greyhound. For cold weather, nothing beats hot spiced apple cider with vodka - garnish with a stick of cinnamon. That got me through four mediocre seasons of football at the University of Virginia. By the start of the fourth quarter, I just didn't give a damn about the score any more.

As for particular brands of vodka, we really like Russian Standard, Tito's, Crystal Head (plus the bottle is effin' cool!), and Stoli.

I am, however, four-square against Vodka and Red Bull...UGH!
RLTW
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by LebbenB.
11 years 1 month ago #18601

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Points

I like the taste of quinine water and often order it at parties I go to...I drink very little mixed drinks of any kind.

I don't drink much, but when I do I drink, Ranger Creek .36 Texas Bourbon Whiskey, stay thirsty my friend...www.drinkrangercreek.com/whiskey/small-caliber-series/

In my 2nd year of college on a big weekend that me and a buddy had planned for a couple of new girls we had met we counted our coin on Sat and found to our dismay we were LIGHT...but the girls were coming over that eve for dinner and we hoped fun. Standing in the local house of booze store we found we had money to buy a good bottle of whiskey and a case of coke, but not both. We opted for the bottle of Bourbon and a bag of ice for the water in the tap. The weekend worked, and I became hooked ever more on Bourbon and water and have drank it ever since.

Ranger .36 a Texas Bourbon is the BEST drinking whiskey I have ever had and trust me I have drank a barrel full over years...
11 years 1 month ago #18602

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!