Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Different browsers = Different Tools and Look

• Thank you received: 556

Different browsers = Different Tools and Look was created by jtallen83

I'm noticing a big difference in the tools available and the look when I use different browsers.
On Chrome I don't get the index through Search tabs but I do on internet explorer?
When I write a post with Chrome it shows the whole box and all the emoticons are available. When I post on internet explorer the text box stretches out of site but contains no bar to adjust it?
I have to move the cursor back and forth in the text to get a look at the whole box, all the emoticons are in a single line, not stacked like Chrome, and they don't appear to work.
The preview tab does nothing on explorer, just shows me a blank?
Is there any adjustments or updates on my end I can use? That hacker seems to have really caused some grief, wish they would run those guys down and prosecute, maybe even beat them! :mad:
Had to edit the post in chrome to add the fire breather?
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by jtallen83.
10 years 9 months ago #27284

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Different browsers = Different Tools and Look

I just tried internet explorer, firefox, chrome, and safari and I'm not able to duplicate the issues you are reporting.

My guess is that javascript is disabled in internet explorer. Hera are instructions on where the settings are: www.activatejavascript.org/en/instructions/ie

Let me know if that helps at all!
10 years 9 months ago #27335

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Different browsers = Different Tools and Look

It was already set in explorer,maybe it has something to do with having my text set large so I can read it?
Chrome is also turned on for java, still has the Index through search tabs missing on top?
I use the same large text settings there?

I've tried zooming up and down with no results. Not a huge deal as I can get done what I want between the two.
I thought I had problems with computers before, my govt. computer is set up with someone else as administrator, they took away 75% of the tools and settings I'm used to using. I need a magnifying glass to read half the screens! I'll try updates on everything tonight and see what happens, I do skip a ton of prompts!
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 9 months ago #27337

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Different browsers = Different Tools and Look

SW and features is a complex game. Far more so than most think. There is the organic feature set that depends upon the app itself to work, then there are those with 'hook' to the computer itself, so to order to work its looking for 'stuff' on the box, but then that stuff could also depend upon and external source for updates etc etc (Java).

What few SW houses and developers do is properly test before release. Which may be the reason why my software works as intended on the day of release not a few months or even years down the road, which is typical of MS products.

You can check your app prefs and start with the default settings to see if it works properly. If you then start with changes. Be sure to check you have latest version.

Then if nothing pans out go to the black box system and insure you are running the latest versions and begin your tweaking process there.

Change apps
10 years 9 months ago #27342

• Thank you received: 99

Replied by 10-76 on topic Different browsers = Different Tools and Look

I have been running the Tor Browser system when I get symptoms as you describe.

For example, today I can't even get Chrome to open certain websites which are gun related sites. Using the Tor Browser I can, and it's also a roving IP server which gives you more IPA anonymity. (No, that's not India Pale Ale.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
10 years 9 months ago #27409

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!