Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

IMI

• Thank you received: 4

IMI was created by MarkM

Does anyone know or heard anything about IMI Israeli Military ammo? It is suppose to be a less expensive "military" ammo like Lake City I guess.
8 years 3 months ago #47183

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by GreyGoose on topic IMI

I remember it from like back when O'Bummer was first crowned... not seen it much since though.

Here is their website: www.imi-israel.com/home/doc.aspx?mCatID=63189

I see it out there for like $400 for 1200 rds, of 55gr FMJBT, not real great pricing...?
8 years 3 months ago #47189

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic IMI

It is "mil-spec" ammo, good stuff, brass is very durable and on par with Lake City. Pricing is good for what it is. Most ammo is sold in 1k bulk cases. This IMI equates to $333 per 1k rounds.

Good stuff in my book......
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
8 years 3 months ago #47192

• Thank you received: 23

Replied by funfred on topic IMI

I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of it. My experience with a case of their 230gr .45ACP FMJ left me with the warm and fuzzies. It was some time ago and I can't say I was shooting for group accuracy, but I don't recall missing and my .45's sloppier than a hotdog in a hallway. :D
It felt over the top on power. I was used to 230gr Hydra-Shoks at the time, not a slouch in the heavyweight class offerings, and the IMI got my immediate attention. It's hot.

I've been wondering what to do about an ammo shortage in the house, whose/what, that sort of thing.
Thanks for bringing up IMI. I know where my money's goin', now.
8 years 2 months ago #47238

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!