Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

DPMS?

• Thank you received: 4

DPMS? was created by MarkM

I'll start, I have no idea who owns who. I've heard from my "gun-guy" that this may be true, false, old news, rumor etc., that Remington is keeping DPMS around for it's .308 nonclementure (sp?) and it will be the standard for ALL 308's to come. In with DPMS-spec and out with mil-spec.? Isn't Remington owned by someone else? Monopolies make way!
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by MarkM.
8 years 1 month ago #47348

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic DPMS?

freedom group :sick: owns them both, they own; Remington®, Bushmaster® Firearms, DPMS/Panther Arms™, Marlin®, H&R®, The Parker Gun™, Mountain Khakis®, Advanced Armament Corp. ®, Dakota Arms®, Para™ USA and Barnes® Bullets. None of them will knowingly see a dime of my money.
There is no Mil-spec per say on the 308 AR's. Some parts are made with mil spec materials and finishes but there are no dimensional specs like there is with the AR-15. DPMS has at three different receiver rail heights that I know of and there might be four, far from establishing a standard spec.
I have a feeling if Armalite would have introduced their A model and the DEF-10 about five years earlier then they would be the standard for the aftermarket instead of the DPMS platforms.
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 1 month ago #47349

Replied by MarkM on topic DPMS?

Wow, to put it in a all encompassing way, what else could I respond with !? This could get the money grubbin' trust lawyers throwing evidence on the wall to see what sticks. The drooling lefties will be in lock step, breakups and dollars will change hands everywhere.
8 years 1 month ago #47350

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic DPMS?

Agree with JT. Right after Conneticut Sandy Hook. Cerebrus tried to sell the whole Freedom Arms kit and kaboodle. I don't think they have yet. Their weapons are probably fine, but I cut my teeth on Armalite, and they have been everything they promised in terms of accuracy. And reliability. If I was to stray, it would probably be to Rock River Arms. Another smaller company with a great rep for accuracy.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Siscowet.
8 years 1 month ago #47352

Replied by MarkM on topic DPMS?

Well I was wrong by assuming a rumor was correct. Not only was I wrong on the subject, I was wrong in the alleged time frame that the subject took place. But I was right on one thing Siscowet mentioned, he mentioned Armalite and their performance and longevity. Well I just received my first AR! An A10SBF Armalite of course !!! I'm beaming, almost like becoming a new father! (I think I've lost my mind) Does this mean I need to take pictures and show off my first born? As to the whole Freedom Arms Group thing, monopolies are dangerous and water down the best standouts by delivering mediocre products at a high price.
8 years 1 month ago #47353

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic DPMS?

Congrats Mark! Look forward to your first range report. Shoot it a lot and enjoy it. It will serve you well.
:twothumbs: :twothumbs:
By the way, lubricate the dickens out of the bolt carrier group for the first two hundred rounds. Then you can back off a little bit, but they like a lot of lube.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Siscowet.
8 years 1 month ago #47354

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic DPMS?

Congrats, and the best of the best to boot! :cheers: :clap: :dance:
and yes, pics or it didn't happen :lol:
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by jtallen83.
8 years 1 month ago #47355

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!