Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

"The Black List"

• Thank you received: 102

"The Black List" was created by BUILDING MY SASS

Recently I have came across information on some companies out there that are, shall we say, Not worthy of our business for un-savory practices and ploys...as well as price gouging and just plain bad merchandise...or bad customer service...I am sure that you, my fellow members, may have had some "BAD" experiences in the past with one or more companies....This thread may become a category if the Boss approves of it..and likes the idea.....I think it would be beneficial to all to have a category like this......So once again my brothers, I ask, What Say You....

I have a couple already to be put on the list, but first I would like to know what everyone else thinks...

Please reply with any thoughts or experiences or companies that you know of...
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 1 month ago #3229

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 67

Replied by foxhunter on topic Re:"The Black List"

Black lists are a good thing as well as names of comanies with good reputations, but unless accurate and verifiable information is referenced for us, it could lead to being unfairly identified as such. I think it is important to have scroundrels and thieves bound and hanged , but you don't want to hang an innocent company out to dry by mistake.
14 years 1 month ago #3230

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:"The Black List"

Very well said my friend and very true........
Well lets start with company #1....well not the first on the list, but it will do...

CHEAPER THAN DIRT.....anyone..anyone...Bueller, Bueller.... :lol:

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 1 month ago #3232

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by dpmsfulton on topic Re:"The Black List"

How about have the thread, but give the suspect company a chance to respond. As long as they have a fair chance, this could potentially improve customer relations, since they know we would read about bad product, service, etc. And they should have a fair chance to respond. At the least, it might make them more responsive to our members who have issues.
14 years 1 month ago #3233

Good point, and it may make a difference, unless the company in question is to "big" or at least thinks they are....that is the case-in-point..If they think they are so big that customers are just dollars and numbers, then they should be brought into the community's eye....One such company is A.R.M.S....yes, did you know that they are sue happy...they even went as far as to get a copy right on the #17....I can post the links...this is what I am talking about....as like with cheaper than dirt....the surplus ammo is, Yes cheap, but the name brand ammo is way to high, 10 to 20 dollars a box...not to mention their shipping charges...and sending out substandard products with a now return label on it....
These are just a few of the items and companies that I am talking about....but keep the ball rolling....
BMS

14 years 1 month ago #3235

Have mixed emotions about the following: LWRC and POF. Both seem to have good designs and generally good products, but I've read some real horror stories on wait lists, customer service and some quality control issues with both.

I own a Fulton Armory Titan, which is, as one member here stated, a punched out Caddilac of DPMS. I've read great things about DPMS and Fulton, but I fear they may be getting to big for their britches, as recent calls to them for RFIs, got a "lawyer" response or just downright wrong information. I hope that was unique and no one else has the same experience.

In fact, I love my gun, but would have appreciated a response that generated a feeling of "we're in this together, you bought our gun, you're part of our family". I didn't get that feeling.

Had a guy from Iron Ridge talk to me for twenty minutes even after he knew I wasn't buying, and he talked to me like a person. I will buy from them, just for that.
14 years 1 month ago #3238

Yeah customer service is I think one of the biggest issues out there...Now I may hang for this one, but what the hell....Bushnell customer service sucks....I spent a total of 2.5 hours on hold over three phone calls and still did not talk to a person...and had crappy music and the same commercials... :lol: I still haven't talked to anyone there...they don't even have an e-mail address to send Q&As...so what does that tell you, didn't have any problem with Leupold...Like that...talked to the guy for awhile about the Mark 2 before I bought it...

A while back, we had a guy on here looking for info on a SR-25---KAC.....I thought I would help out, so I called them...no costumer service at all....you can't talk to them...you have to go through one of their dealers...that is what I was told by the gal on the phone....Reed Knight needs to get his head out of his ____ (gluteus max

14 years 1 month ago #3240

RIght about KAC too. I forgot to include them. He got some contracts from some tier 1s, and all the sudden he's too good for everyone else.
14 years 1 month ago #3241

Replied by ironhorse191 on topic Re:"The Black List"

POF had me on the wait list for 7 months for their new stock they were bringing out. Called them and asked about it and all I got for a reply was "in development" for the third time. I told them to remove my name from the list. I noticed they have now removed the sniper style stock off their site. Guess it never got developed. Must say it looked good
14 years 1 month ago #3249

Replied by Tom S. on topic Re:"The Black List"

After many years of online transactions, I have developed the practice of Googling anyone or business I have not used before. This is for any product, gun related or not. Usually, typing in the name and 'review' will bring back some results, good or bad. I also tend to shy away from companies who have been in business a short time, as I have found out that many shysters will drop one company and start up another, simply by changing names.
14 years 1 month ago #3253

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!