Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Thanks to everyone!

• Thank you received: 96

Thanks to everyone! was created by txlongshotb4

This is an update to my post on the new member forum. I would first like to thank building my SASS and everyone else who helped me out with my initial "getting started" questions for pointing me in the right directions.

All of my components are ordered, and within the next week or so, commercial traffic will be speeding my parts towards their destination, the gunsmith that is assembeling my new rifle...and I am giddy with anticipation like a kid awaiting Christmas...Pics will indeed be posted when the beast is born.

Here is a run down of all of the components I have decided to use. I am posting this strictly for feed-back purposes. If you see a product listed here that you have any positive or negative feedback on, please do not hesitate...my goal here is to build a great rifle.

Armalite AR 10 A4 upper and lower.
Lilja 24' drop in heavy barrel
JARD 2 lb. trigger module
Daniel's Defense 7.62 free float lite rail
MAGPUL PRS buttstock
LaRue SPR standard QD scope mount
LaRue QD harris bipod
J&P ent. Adjustable gas block
Leupold MK 4 LR/T 3.5-10x40mm illum.TMR reticle
Hougue rubber pistol grip
-there are no back up iron sights-
I have the form 4s in to the BATFE for a Gemtech HVT QD mount suppressor, but I am certain that I will not be hearing back from them until after Christmas.

As mentioned, if anyone out there can suggest any change to these components, please let me know. I just want to build a great rifle...thanks!
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by txlongshotb4.
13 years 7 months ago #5385

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Thanks to everyone!

Sounds like you have it all in hand...and your welcome...if you need any more help...just ask..anyone of us that is...
Look forward to seeing this rifle and hearing how it shoots....
You have a good combo there...I think you will do fine...
I would look at the MI sights though....with their new low profile front sights and the SPLP for the rear...hey, never know when you might need them...as I like to say....
It's better to have and not need than need and not have....
Keep us up to date....
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 7 months ago #5409

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by wielywilly-g on topic Re:Thanks to everyone!

Nice Line up!
Make sure you post some pics when its done!
13 years 7 months ago #5411

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by txlongshotb4 on topic Re:Thanks to everyone!

Done and done-I just posted pics of this rifle in the rifle showcase section of the forums. B)
13 years 7 months ago #5528

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!