Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Optic Mounts

• Thank you received: 102

Optic Mounts was created by BUILDING MY SASS

well being I just posted a couple of videos on some new mounts, it got me thinking and looking around....
To Mlotz...A.K.A..The Boss... ;) I think in the Optic section we should add a category for Optic Mounts, specifically.....This would make a great addition to that section and give users a place to post and reference the different optic mounts...for scopes, red dots, holo sights and such....Now I know we have categories for those items...but a single reference point for the different mounts again would be an advantage...Just an idea...
For all, please feel free to comment or add to this topic...all input is welcome.....
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 3 weeks ago #7176

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Re: Optic Mounts

Optics and mounts (literally) go together. Creating a sub-forum dedicated to mounts only would be like an Ear, Eye, Nose and Throat doctor saying, "I'm only gonna look at runny noses."

Pithy, quotable comments aside, I think it would add a layer of complexity that doesn't need to be there for someone looking at optical set-ups. When researching optics, most folks probably want to see the scope and mount together, so they can get an idea on how the set-up would work/look on their rifle. Separating scopes and mounts undermines that process.
RLTW
13 years 3 weeks ago #7180

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!