Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

AR10 BOOK

• Thank you received: 0

AR10 BOOK was created by ARMILITE1015

Some one was looking for the book the AR10 by Major Sam Pikula. This is the only book to be written about the gun we all love. I do have an autographed copy of this book as he was a friend of mine. The story started way before before the book was published in 1998. It started with a group of AR10 enthusiasts that were lucky enough to own a selective fire legally owned AR10 or had been fortunate to buy the semi auto versions that had been built with new commercial receivers in the mid 1980's. Parts kits were not that difficult to find but the problem was with the receivers. Some of the companies that were manufacturing new semi-auto receivers were not on the up & up and there were some problems. I was fortunate to buy a complete gun from B&B sales out in California. From there it went to a National news letter called the AR10'er. Owners of AR10's were encouraged to send photo's and talk about their guns. Some of the lower receiver manufacturer's and parts suppliers also put in their 2 cents. It was a grand old time, there were not a lot of us but the information we shared was priceless. After a few years we ran out of stuff to talk about and the price of putting together the news letter got more expensive so it pretty much died.
Sam Pikula never gave up and he published his book the AR10.
One other note that if you can find this book is it is well worth the read, but another book that is an absolute great read is the Great Rifle Controversy by Edward Clinton Ezell and his name is associated with the Small Arms of the World Series. It is about America's search for the ultimate rifle from World War II through Vietnam and beyond. It is possible that if you have a good library around they may find the book for you. This happened with me when the book the Black Rifle came out. The first batch dried up fairly fast and I could not locate one. My library was pretty good and it took awhile but they went and got it from a library in Canada and they sent it to me. Now that is good. I'm kinda pissed that I had a copy of that book that was autographed by Mr. Ezell as well as Eugene Stoner. Some where along the line I sold it but I still retain another copy. This book is currently available on Amazon.com but apparently has become quite expensive. I paid about $35.00 for it about 7 years ago and recently there was 1 person selling a copy for $373.00. The biggest draw back in locating the AR10 book is that it was published in Lithuania but if it helps look for this as follows:

The Armalite AR-10
Major Sam Pikula U.S.A.R.
ISBN 9986-494-38-9
REGNUM FUND 1998

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This image is hidden for guests.

15 years 3 months ago #878

This message has attachments files.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by ARMILITE1015 on topic Re:AR10 BOOK

If anyone wants more info on this book or the old newsletters I retain all copies email me at:
armilite10@yahoo.com Thanks Curt
15 years 3 months ago #879

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:AR10 BOOK

Thanks for the Info! I spoke to the author briefly once. He indicated there hadn't been interest in some time and it hasn't been high on his personal priorities. With the improved ease of publishing today, and a returning interest in the AR-10, I hope he will consider another run at some time. Certainly all the effort he put in originally would be appreciated by today's enthusiasts.
15 years 3 months ago #883

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!