Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

LR-308 Front sight Issues

• Thank you received: 8

LR-308 Front sight Issues was created by Fausty0

I have the 16" LR-308 and have an Eotech w/ magpul rear flip-up and had a DPMS front flip up considering the gas block. It did not work at all and even flipped down after every shot! What is a good gas block front sight flip up option for the LR-308?

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

11 years 2 months ago #15038

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic LR-308 Front sight Issues

Midwest Industries; www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?f...play&category_ID=189

Everything I've seen from them has been quality stuff. If you call they will make sure you get exactly what you need. If you see what you need just copy the item down and you can get it through the Brownells link here on the site.

Nice look'n rifle :thumbs: , any opinion on the eotech yet? I've been dreaming of one of those so I'm always interested in peoples opinion, before I bite the bullet!
LIBERTY FIRST!
11 years 2 months ago #15044

• Thank you received: 51

Replied by VTIT on topic LR-308 Front sight Issues

I have an Eotech on my Stag Arms AR-15 and love it. Nice and bright and the batteries last forever. The model I have is a 552 . I am not sure if I would buy that one again or one with the controls on the side like the XPS3 . The controls are a little hard to get to with the BUIS but it doesn't get banged around where it is either. Plus it takes AA batteries which you can find anywhere.

Just my 2¢
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
11 years 2 months ago #15045

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic LR-308 Front sight Issues

If you purchased the front sight from DPMS (Or was a DPMS product), I would contact them first, explain your issue with their product, and give them the chance to make it right.

Then ask the CS rep what the height difference is between the receiver rail and the gas block rail. If he/she doesn't know, politely ask to be transferred to someone who does know. Once you find out the height difference, that will help you determine what front sights will work with your rifle. For that matter, DPMS might have a list of front sights that'll work with their rifles.
RLTW
11 years 2 months ago #15057

Replied by Fausty0 on topic LR-308 Front sight Issues

There was two main issues:

#1: After completing the Eotech sighting-in I used that as a reference point to line up my rear and front sights for a faster more efficient iron sight sight-in. It would not even line up correctly and I could not get the front sight to cooperate with me at all. Since I live in St. Cloud MN, I was actually shooting at the DMPS range and they couldn't even sight it.

#2: As you can see from the picture, the flip-up juste uses gravity to keep the sight in the correct position. After every shot, the DMPS flip up would drastically move positions. It would hop and move to a different indent or just completely flatten.

I spoke to Element Arms who is a local gun shop in which all employees were prior DPMS employees and they could not give me an answer as to why this sight would not cooperate. I spoke to DPMS directly and they just gave me some basic gas block flip-up options. Have any of you had good luck with a certain flip-up so I don't have to continue this process of elimination?

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

11 years 2 months ago #15065

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic LR-308 Front sight Issues

As JT said, Mid-West Industries makes a good gas block mount front sight, as does GG&G. Those front sights are specific to Armalite AR10s. I'd call/email them to see if their sights will work on your rifle, though I'm fairly certain they will.
RLTW
11 years 2 months ago #15099

Replied by Fausty0 on topic LR-308 Front sight Issues

Right on, I will look at Mid-West and see if I can't find anything that is a good fit! Thanks for all of the advise. I will buy something here soon!
11 years 2 months ago #15116

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic LR-308 Front sight Issues

Fausty, whenever you can, use the links thru our site when buying parts. I'm not saying go way out of your way to do it but whenever you buy something and have gone through one of the AR10T.com links, the site gets a fraction of a percentage of the deal and that is what actually keeps the site going. Every penny counts buddy and if we care about our site, well, ya know...

Heck, I've got my wife's Amazon account routed right through here now since it doesn't actually change a thing for us and I'd rather at least a BIT of the money go to something I care about.

Just a little food for thought. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fausty0
11 years 2 months ago #15117

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!