Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Scope options, recomendations

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Scope options, recomendations

Have heard they like to tear up the rail form BMS anyone else had this problem? If ya look in the archives he even shows some pix :pinch: Still not sold on Larue :rolleyes:
AKAI
9 years 7 months ago #41432

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Scope options, recomendations

Now I do like the 45 deg offset mounts for the BUIS :thumbs:
AKAI
9 years 7 months ago #41433

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by loneeagle510 on topic Scope options, recomendations

I have a set of GDT AR15 AR 15 Front and Rear 45 Degree Rapid Transition BUIS Backup Iron Sights zeroed to 50 yds which cover me from point blank through 300 yds and a Leatherwood Hi-Lux Camputer ART M-1000 Tactical Rifle Scope 2.5-10x 44mm No Math Mil-Dot Reticle with Weaver-Style Base and Rings Matte zeroed to 300 yds which covers from 300 to almost 1000 yrds without batteries for either apparatus on my CMMG AR-10. Remember nothing is perfect and there is NO substitute for practice but when everything comes together and the stars are all in my favor this is a great set up, and it doesn't require batteries which in the heat of battle is a plus.
9 years 7 months ago #41456

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Scope options, recomendations

I have always had good luck with Leatherwood equipment in years past.
9 years 7 months ago #41457

• Thank you received: 78

Replied by That_Guy on topic Scope options, recomendations

Vortex has a great lineup for great prices. This is the 6-24x50mm.

So far I really enjoy it. Very good quality and a no questions asked lifetime warranty.
9 years 7 months ago #41459

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 22

Replied by MTM on topic Scope options, recomendations

Agree with loneeagle510 & Siscowet regarding the Leatherwood/Hi-Lux optics. Got one of the CMR 1-4x24 scopes atop a 300 Blk. The reticle is a little busy for me but excellent otherwise.
9 years 7 months ago #41463

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by NAMVET1970 on topic Scope options, recomendations

I accidently found a link about what scopes the top 50 long range shooters use, interesting reading. I was reading a blog about Mil vs MOA scopes, and this was in it. S&B were the top dog, but the surprise was Bushnell at second, they were using the 3.5-21X50mm FFP, with G2 reticle(like a mil dot but has .5mil marks, and a small x-mass tree in bottom half. Here's the link.

precisionrifleblog.com/2013/12/22/best-r...e-what-the-pros-use/
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
9 years 7 months ago #41505

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Scope options, recomendations

I've been real pleased with both my Bushnell elite scopes. They seem to be working hard to change their image to one of a top maker.
I was a little disappointed that it took 4 months to send me a new TRS-25 red dot under warranty, took several emails and a call to finally get the ball rolling but they did ship it overnight, finally. Just hope my scopes never need work.........
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 7 months ago #41506

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by magi on topic Scope options, recomendations

You know.... I have two Leopold tactical scopes.... The 3.5/10 on my SASS and a 1.5/5 on my carbine.... I don't think I'm a master shot.... However I am confident at 50 yards and less.... With both eyes open I could quickly knock a guy down all day long... I believe I could do it without any sights at all.... Without my glasses even......
At a 100 yards a quick shot with sights both eyes open should be know big deal.... A man sized target is prety big to me..... Now a beer can would take more attention.... Or if they wouldn't hold still at a hundred yards... You know like be wigglin around.... I'd probably have to yell at them to stop fooling around......
9 years 7 months ago #41511

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by magi on topic Scope options, recomendations

This was very interesting......
9 years 7 months ago #41540

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!