Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Remington R-25

• Thank you received: 2

Remington R-25 was created by AZMM

Remington is now offering the AR-10 platform in 308, 243, and a 7mm. Its being made with cooperation of DPMS hence I'm placing this update here. Here's one press release and some others are available by google.
www.shootingwire.com/shooting_wire_relea...tml?releaseID=130947

One report of cycling problems already, but hopefully that's the exception and not the rule.
15 years 9 months ago #188

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re:Remington R-25

For a manufacturer like Remington to enter into the market really goes to show how much the demand for high quality auto loading rifles has increased. It is being offered with options limited to caliber selection. The camo finish is standard and the only barrel length available is the 20-inch.

Looks nice but at $1500 this rifle isn't priced like a hunting rifle.
15 years 9 months ago #189

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:Remington R-25

What I wan to know is, they say they are compatable with "Aftermarket" and in some places "all aftermarket" magazines. Are they compatible with both the SR-25 and AR-10 (AR as in Armalite) I wonder? I'd be surprised indeed.
15 years 9 months ago #190

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by AZMM on topic Re:Remington R-25

They may very well be compatible with the SR-25 mags, but Armalite's?! Doesn't seem possible to me.....
15 years 9 months ago #191

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by PastorDave on topic Re:Remington R-25

The Remington R-25 comes with a 4 shot DPMS magazine. (The magazine is labelled DPMS, not Remington.) I bought some DPMS 20 round magazines to go with it.
15 years 7 months ago #255

Replied by woofe on topic Re:Remington R-25

DPMS and Knight's (SR-25) magazines are patterned after the original AR-10 mags from the early 60's. The "should" work in each others guns.

DPMS and Knight's (SR-25) magazines are not compatible with the current generation of Armalite AR-10 guns which were designed to work with a modified m-14 magazine.

woofe
15 years 7 months ago #320

Replied by werewolf on topic Re:Remington R-25

Well to keep this going, I've had one since they've come up to Canada and I'm impressed. a little load finicky, but accurate as hell.

on another note, if someone has some 175 gr. data I'd appriciate it. I've got some, but I'm kind of a load whore.
13 years 8 months ago #5161

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Re:Remington R-25

werewolf wrote:What brand of powder are You using,get Me that info and I will see what I can find in My books.
I like the "TAC" powder by "Ramshot" but they have not as of yet worked up a load for the 243,only the .223 aand the .308 Mil spec. autoloading rifles.
I will call Keith at Western Powders and see if he is planning on working up the loads for the .243.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
13 years 8 months ago #5166

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!