Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

DPMS shell deflector?

• Thank you received: 0

DPMS shell deflector? was created by tas1109

I have been looking for a AR-10 type rifle in .308 or .260 rem. I have pretty much decided that the LR308 is probably what I will purchase. I noticed that some of the models have a smooth side upper receiver, with no forward assist or dust cover. I am left handed, and I was wondering if I would need a shell deflector to keep the brass from hitting me?
13 years 5 months ago #6012

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by breybok on topic Re:DPMS shell deflector?

I to am a left handed shooter. I also have the DPMS LR308 with the smooth upper(no deflector). I can tell you I have not had any problems with brass hitting me. I like to get close the the charging handle when I shoot too. Hope this helps
13 years 5 months ago #6023

Replied by aryavajra on topic Re: DPMS shell deflector?

I also am a lefty and own a Sportical LR-308. I don't have the problem with being hit by casings but I think it's all in your particular shooting-style.
12 years 8 months ago #8508

Replied by tas1109 on topic Re: DPMS shell deflector?

Thanks for the info. I have built a dpms style lr-308 with out the shell deflector, and I have no problems either with the ejected shells.
12 years 8 months ago #8511

Replied by jfinan on topic Re: DPMS shell deflector?

I shoot lefty and I DID have problems a long time ago with an M16 (without a deflector). Got hot brass down my shirt.

I chose Armalite because it has the brass deflector AND a forged upper. Not sure how critical brass deflector is on the AR-10/clones but..

If you're concerned with hot brass, try to shoot one before you buy. Everyone has different tastes and what works for one may not work for another.

Jim
12 years 8 months ago #8568

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!