Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

ammo shortage

• Thank you received: 67

ammo shortage was created by foxhunter

Went to buy some ammo today for the 308. There was not a single box of 308. In fact all the calibers were scarce. The owner told me he had sold more ammo in the last 6 months than he had sold in the previous 15 years the store had been open.
I bought the last 3 boxes of Hornady bullets, 165 grain but there was no powder that I could reload with.
The owner also told me that Hornady had called him and told him not to expect any further shipments of ammo in any caliber for the rest of 2009.They were working at maximum capacity and it would be the end of the year before their other orders could be filled.
Seems like if the firearms companies and the ammo companies would gear up to meet demand, they could put a serious dent in unemployment.
15 years 3 weeks ago #1275

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re:ammo shortage

My uncle stopped in a local gun store the other day and on the wall they had a picture of Obama with a plaque that said "Salesman of the Year"
15 years 3 weeks ago #1276

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Re:ammo shortage

mlotziii wrote:Now that is some funny stuff.
on the serious side of things,I`ve tried to get 168 grain bullets to no avail and the same for 150s,All i can get is 125s and they are getting scarce.I did have some powder but I think I will go and get a bunch more while it is still available.
I piled in some black powder the other day and even that is getting scarce.Got several hundred pounds of lead so i`m set there for a while.
An oldtimer the other day sold Me about 3000 rounds of .308 brass but that does`nt do much good without the primers and powder.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
15 years 3 weeks ago #1277

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!