Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Federal Premium 175 gr7.62

• Thank you received: 547

Federal Premium 175 gr7.62 was created by Siscowet

A heads up: Target Sports USA has a decent sale price on the 7.62x51 175 Grain BTHP Gold Medal Match Ammo right now. If it wasn't Christmas, a case would look pretty good.
11 years 4 months ago #14705

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by 10before15 on topic Federal Premium 175 gr7.62

I saw those at Academy the other day. They sparked my curiosity. I wonder how they shoot?
11 years 4 months ago #14738

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Federal Premium 175 gr7.62

For me, fgmm is loaded on the slow side. It is still good consistent ammo and you get the smk, try a box or 2 before committing to a case. We did have a report from one member here whose rifle did not like the stuff.
Federal brass is also known to be thin and soft, giving fewer re-loads before popping primers. Frustrating for the frugal hand loader.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
11 years 4 months ago #14740

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Federal Premium 175 gr7.62

The owner of my LGS, an ex Marine armorer, swears by it. Thinks its better than the M118LR I shoot now. According to Federal they use the military M80 brass and that it will give up to seventeen reloads. I would be happy with 5. The above guy thinks its the best non custom reload he has found. I am gonna bite for five boxes and see if I like it.
11 years 4 months ago #14742

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!