Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Some store-bought rounds

• Thank you received: 2

Some store-bought rounds was created by fivewhy

So, I think it is official...internet prices are out of line. I bought these two types from local big-box sporting goods stores. Each one was at a different store. The first, I was only able to purchase one box per day (per person). The other had only a 10 box limit per day, except .22LR and .223 had a lower limit per day (I think 2 boxes). Oh, and I purchased these both within the last few days (around Feb 8 or so).

Paid $14.99 for a box of these 150gr soft lead tip

Paid $17.99 per box, for these 180gr round nose soft tip

The one bonus to the internet price fad (for weapons and rounds) is that, hopefully, more individual people are going out and getting their first weapon. This makes them harder to ban, both for political and legal reasons (two totally separate things). I think prices will be back down by the end of summer, and then hopefully there will be a glut of supply of both weapons and rounds. If so, it'll be time to stock-up! :lol:

Also, I just want to say that I strongly dislike MidwayUSA. I ordered a case of 500 .308 rounds back in December for like $325. My backorder is still there, they have not cancelled it. But they can't get the rounds in stock.... What the crap? Anyway, I'm just griping. Would love to have sold those for $1.25 a pop to whoever wanted them that badly. But it is probably better I didn't, anyway. Just would have been fun.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by fivewhy.
11 years 2 months ago #16813

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Some store-bought rounds

Not gonna say much for the moment but we MAY have a deal coming, just for us, in the very near future. Stuff that WILL be in stock and we're gonna get the very first crack at it and at a "fair to good" price ... :)

A little something I've been working on that may very well work out for all of us...

I'm tryin guys... :)
11 years 2 months ago #16815

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Some store-bought rounds

Those actually aren't bad prices at all for that ammo though FW... It seems at least YOUR store isn't doing the gouging thing. All mine are out here so it doesn't matter WHAT they want to charge...
11 years 2 months ago #16816

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Some store-bought rounds

Our stores don't have anything. My LGS kept his prices reasonable until the distributor raised theirs. Now American Eagle 5.56 M855 is $11.99/20. Used to be $8. No .308 whatsoever.
11 years 2 months ago #16817

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by fivewhy on topic Some store-bought rounds

these were in Florida, yea don't hate me too much for living in Florida, I was born in the north end of the State to my credit. But I wanted to post this for that exact reason....to say that there is some reasonableness still going on out there. Things are not too crazy. Tho some places do limit what u can buy in a single day, which is good bc it prevents hoarding and allows more ppl to get them, like the dad I saw at the range teaching his boy to shoot a 308 bolt on Saturday. Apparently, a place down farther south has a "whole wall" of .224 bullets, plus powder and primers. But it's good to see that supply is not that bad around here. Then again, FL is extremely pro gun. We give TX a run for its money on a good day! ;) I really just can't wait for the hysteria to ease back and for there to be a supply glut....hopefully. But hope alone don't get u too far.

PS. That deal u were talkin sounds pretty cool..
11 years 2 months ago #16843

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!