Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

trying to track prices

• Thank you received: 2

trying to track prices was created by fivewhy

so I may be completely asswrong, but Im thinking that ammo demand is drying up a bit....i been trying to keep track of bulkammo.com's stock and prices, since they are the only site that keeps stock numbers updated in real time. It seems that prices have been dropping a tiny bit, like a couple dollars on SOME 20 rnd boxes, and less than $20 on SOME 500 and 1000 cases. But I think what's more important is that stock is not dwindling so quickly anymore. I used to watch stuff get posted, hit reload and reload and reload, and watch the stock dwindle until the item was gone in an hour or three. I saw 65 cases of the 420rnd XM855 5.56 go in less than twenty mins, back in mid Jan. Now stuff is sticking around for days, and more stock is coming in before it ever hits zero, but Ive only been watching 556/223 and .308. Man dam I'm hoping there is a supply glut soon..... :thumbs:
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by fivewhy.
11 years 1 month ago #17985

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic trying to track prices

I would not bet on a supply glut, not gonna get that until we see a different Prez and govt, till them expect sales to decrease to high but acceptable levels...in fact I drove by a gun store this afternoon and out front was a big sign: "We have AR IN STOCK NOW".

Look for prices to drop down to MSRP and some discounting going on but not much...
11 years 1 month ago #17987

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic trying to track prices

I was told by someone directly involved with the ammo biz that a lot of domestic ammo companies will be jacking their prices up about 18% as a norm. Dunno if is in stone or not but that's apparently the rumors in the business... :(
11 years 1 month ago #17999

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by fivewhy on topic trying to track prices

Yea, I think you all are probably right about that...kinda somewhat like oil. I heard the same thing about ammo suppliers increasing prices by x%. There's just too much money to be made by too many throughout the production/distribution chain. Even when demand slows down, prices won't just drop overnight...possibly not ever or until the threat of a ban has completely subsided, as OC says...I kinda think that's about how it's really gonna be. Sidenote, I got an email saying 20rnd .308 mags are in stock at MidwayUSA www.midwayusa.com/product/573085/dpms-ma...und-steel-parkerized maybe not the best mag, maybe not the best price ($28, mildly reasonable)...but its in stock (apparently) and not fulfilling backorders. ...meh.
11 years 1 month ago #18003

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic trying to track prices

My 70 year old mother, who has only pulled the trigger on a live round three times in her life and two were a muzzle loader, watches religiously for 223 and 9mm ammo at Walmart. She buys it like an investment that could be used as intended by family or used as barter if the paper stuff goes south. I think demand may slack some from this recent scare but long term there will only be more like my Mother if the societal climate does not change. Our only hope is that this steadily increasing demand will be recognized by a capitalist with the nuts to say government be damned I'm gonna build a couple serious ammo factories!
LIBERTY FIRST!
11 years 1 month ago #18006

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic trying to track prices

Went to a small gun show today. Prices are crazy. I did find an old friend who will sell me 7.62 NATO mil spec for a fair price. People were asking $18-$20 /20 for .223. Did get some small rifle primers, don't ask how much. Now I just need some reloader 15 powder or equivalent.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Siscowet.
11 years 1 month ago #18012

Right now gun shows should be avoided at all costs, no pun intended on costs...you sure won't find any bargins there,its folks that are reselling from resellers, from resellers. Don't waste your time
11 years 1 month ago #18018

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic trying to track prices

Actually the small rifle primers were$20 less then the lowest price I have seen on gunbroker, and no haz mat shipping fee. Everything else was through the roof.
11 years 1 month ago #18024

for the knowledgeable you may find a lucky deal, but like you said: "Everything else was through the roof."
11 years 1 month ago #18025

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!