Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

FGMM 175gr SMK

• Thank you received: 216

FGMM 175gr SMK was created by Libertarian623

Just shot a box. Was not overly impressed. They shot a little over 1 MOA. What have been everyone's results with this round.
10 years 5 months ago #29763

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic FGMM 175gr SMK

They were closer to 2 MOA for me, only at 100 yards though. Fiocchi match with the same bullet shot just over 1 MOA for me. Neither were as accurate as FN NATO surplus ball.
I'm hoping to eventually get a good reload recipe worked out for the 175's. I've got a few boxes ready for the ladder test but have not had the time.
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 5 months ago #29764

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic FGMM 175gr SMK

1-2 moa seems to be the average. One thing I will give it is the consistency from one lot to the next. I think this is where most of the praise for the fed stuff comes from. If my rifle does 1.5 moa with fgmm from 2009, it will do that well with a box I buy today with minimal adjustment if any.
My biggest beef with fgmm is that like most factory ammo, it is loaded on the slow side and tends to dip transonic right at the 900-960 yard mark out of a 20". Surprisingly, it can still reach 1000 just not as well as black hills or m118lr.

JT got lucky with the barrel that likes the cheap stuff, mine was hand lapped with snobbery and prefers the expensive stuff. I will eventually get around to shooting some berger hybrid 168's. What I've read so far, this is the new "smk standard" especially for autos. They got a higher BC than 175 smk and a wide range of seating depth allowing them to be loaded to mag length without worry.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
10 years 5 months ago #29773

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic FGMM 175gr SMK

JT and Colt thanks for the replies. I am going to continue looking for a magic bullet for long range. I will definitely look next to privi and LC. I also have a shop working on some load samples currently if any of those workout I will post results.
10 years 5 months ago #29814

Here are my results from this last weekend when comparing FGMM 168 gr to 150 gr ball FN NATO surplus at 200 yards. Odd thing is the FN was dead on grouped around 4 inches high at 100 yards with this setting in the scope, could spin drift cause this much movement or is my scope mount getting goofy? No doubt my rifle likes the cheap stuff! B) :usa:

LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by jtallen83.
10 years 4 months ago #30169

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

JT- Could be spin drift. In the past I have accounted for spin drift as much as 1 moa with some bullets. I don't give it a number until I have shot 50 rds or more and can be sure of the trend. I think the next bullets I am going to try are Amax 178 and the 208's along with the LCLR.
10 years 4 months ago #30174

208's? never heard of them? Can they be loaded at the COL for an AR-10 magazine? I'd love to throw 200+ grains down range! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 4 months ago #30176

I am going to have some made I will let you know, it will probable be in the 2500-2600FPS range. It will be awhile since St. Antlers Day is almost upon us. Have a good evening JT
10 years 4 months ago #30178

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!