Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Magtech 7.62x51 M80 Ball Ammo 50 cents a round!

• Thank you received: 556

Magtech 7.62x51 M80 Ball Ammo 50 cents a round! was created by jtallen83

I recently picked up 400 rounds of Magtech 7.62x51 M80 ball ammo from Palmetto State Armory for 50 cents a round shipped to my door.
palmettostatearmory.com/magtech-7-62x51m...tion-50rds-762a.html
There were some bad reviews on this ammo indicating brass sticking in the chamber. I did run into this with a build I have using an X-caliber barrel, 4 stuck out of 50 rounds.
I was very pleased to report that my P716 has eaten 100 rounds of this without issue. Sig has had this weapon back a few times and on one trip they polished the chamber, this may be why I am not seeing the problem. The ammo is giving me about 2 MOA, not bad considering it is using an Aimpoint PRO and Vortex 3x magnifier combined with fighting through my astigmatism.
It feels good to finally be able to report something positive about my 716!
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GRA
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by jtallen83. Reason: added link
7 years 3 months ago #47818

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by GRA on topic Magtech 7.62x51 M80 Ball Ammo 50 cents a round!

Have you fired any of this ammo thru the Armalite yet?

I bought some of this also back when you advised of the sale. Wont be able to test it out until next month.
7 years 3 months ago #47823

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Magtech 7.62x51 M80 Ball Ammo 50 cents a round!

Didn't try the AR-10, it is tore down waiting on parts to set up for suppressor use. Ran another 25 out of the matrix after a good scrubbing of the chamber without issue. I think it was just a combination of a dirty, tight chamber and ammo at the limit of the spec, it all checked out fine in a case gauge.
LIBERTY FIRST!
7 years 3 months ago #47824

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!