Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Hornady TAP

• Thank you received: 102

Hornady TAP was created by BUILDING MY SASS

Just to let you guys know, Cabela's has Hornady TAP 168 gr in stock,,,,,,$32.99 a box..........spendy yes, but great ammo never the less......

www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pro...cat601233&hasJS=true

www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pur...sp?_requestid=199709

BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
14 years 5 months ago #2218

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 67

Replied by foxhunter on topic Re:Hornady TAP

Just read this on another besite for the FNAR. Thought you guys would find it interesting. see below:

Author: Brian
Comment:
I don't know how many of you have tried the new Hornady ammo, but, I just had a batch that blow primers out. This is a very detrimental condition in a semi auto. Fortunately I had no jams or misfires as I was almost through 20 rds when I realized the primers were flinging out of the brass during ejection. Just one batch of super performance did this and all others were fine. I have a call in to Hornady on this issue.

See all comments on this post here:
www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2008/02/06/fnar-762x51mm/#comments
13 years 9 months ago #4695

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Hornady TAP

That is interesting....I was thinking of getting some of the New SUPERFORMANCE to try...might not now...I use the standard TAP, which I might say is different all together, the superformance is a design of a mixture of powders to increase the over all velocity with out added recoil or muzzle flash...we as the add says anyway...that might be one of those "FOR BOLT GUNS ONLY" type of rounds....
I don't see that with the standard Tap or Match...
But good to know...thanks for posting it up...will be interested in what hornady has to say....Keep us up to date....

Side note.......
If you can find how far down that page the post is it would help...I couldn't find it...got tired of looking...LOL
BMS

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 9 months ago #4698

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:Hornady TAP

Hornaday has had those problems all along. The brass is softer but very good. The ejection cycle starts with without the pressure drop in the chamber and adds to the primer pockets expansion without support on the head of the case. Delayed timming on the cycle of the action works better with this brass. The ammo is better off used on bolt actions.MSH
13 years 9 months ago #4700

• Thank you received: 67

Replied by foxhunter on topic Re:Hornady TAP

bms
the posts on that site are in chronologic order. It will be the next to the last post, so scroll all the way down.
13 years 9 months ago #4711

Thanks fox...good to see you... ;)
BMS

13 years 9 months ago #4723

MSH....Really...I have not had one issue with their ammo...even on a full mag dump...guess I will keep my eyes pealed...
BMS

13 years 9 months ago #4724

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Amerikos on topic Re:Hornady TAP

My Super SASS prefers Hornady TAP 168 gr and gets under .5 MOA. For some reason the rifle doesn't like Blackhills 168 gr. BTHP or even Hornady 168 gr AMAX.
13 years 2 months ago #6507

Mine likes it too...my A4 CB custom...but my wallet doesn't... :dry:
I have had good luck with the A-max and the BTHP Match...I talked to Hornady a while back and the bullets they use for the Tap are the A-max ...just a different powder combo...and they wouldn't tell me what it was...of course...
I am going to reload my own TAP pretty soon...will be using the Reloader 15 and 168gr A-max bullets...will have to compare them when I am done...will post results..probably this spring.
BMS

13 years 2 months ago #6508

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Amerikos on topic Re:Hornady TAP

The Hornady TAP is pricey ammo. I wait for sales and then buy 10 boxes.

Have you tried Blackhills 175 gr BTHP?
13 years 2 months ago #6513

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!