Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Deer Hunting Ammo

• Thank you received: 132

Deer Hunting Ammo was created by mlotziii

This is redundant because my favorite factory ammo is also my overall favorite factory load. It is the 168 grain Winchester Ballistic Silver-tip.

These moly-coated bullets give me .5 MOA consistently and do a great job bringing down whitetails for me. I have never had one take more than one step after being shot. Two years ago I shot a 10-point buck that was running after being shot at by another hunter. One shot and he screeched to a halt at 125 yards.

The Winchester Ballistic Silver-tip shoots fast and flat in the 0 - 200 yard range. It does quickly drop after about 400 yards but in my mind hunting past 400 yards you should start thinking about magnum 7mm or 30-06.
15 years 7 months ago #244

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by weshowe on topic Re:Deer Hunting Ammo

mlotzii,

It's great that your favorite factory load and hunting load are the same. It's hard to beat a load that gives that kind of accuracy, as well.

I don't use my AR-10 for hunting, but DO use the .308. My favorite bullet for accuracy and performance has been the Nosler 165 gr. Ballistic Tip. All of my last three dear were one shot stops and dropped in their tracks with heart shots.

If you reload you might give them a try...

Wes
15 years 5 months ago #595

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!