Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Magtech ammo on sale

• Thank you received: 102

Magtech ammo on sale was created by MrMarty51

I usually try to purchase from the links sites advertising on this Forum but I run across magtech ammo through Cabellas,$29.99 box of 50,150gr FMJ so I purchased four boxes.
Has anyone else in here fired the Magtech ammo and how has it performed for You???
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
14 years 4 months ago #2451

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Hunter203 on topic Re:Magtech ammo on sale

I recently purchased an Armalite AR10, and Magtech was the first ammo I fired in the new gun.

I found that around every tenth round did not feed correctly.

I contacted Armalite and they suggested trying another brand of ammo before sending the rifle back to them for repair.

I tried Winchester 147 grain NATO ammo and it fed perfectly every time.

I don't know if it was the specific lot or this would be true of Magtech ammo in general, but that was my experience.
13 years 8 months ago #5089

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Magtech ammo on sale

Hunter203, you should look into Ultramax for some reasonable plinking ammo...and it is lake city brass to boot...about .80 to 1.00 around..it is worth the extra, ask edge...he got a boat load of brass off me...
then I got my reloading set up a month later... :angry: :laugh: :dry:
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 8 months ago #5093

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Re:Magtech ammo on sale

I finally got a chance to do some shooting,heehee,a lot of shooting,the magtech ammo did feed real good in Mine rifle and seemed to be real accurate.
I was happy with the results and the price I paid for the Magtech.
I then got out some 168 grain BTHP reloads that I had worked up using "RamShot" "TAC" powder and what a difference,those 168s really do the job for a real long range.I do`nt know how many yards We were shooting but We was nailing the crap out of them Prairie Dogs.
The "RamShot" "TAC" powder is designed specificly for the Military style AR rifles in the ,223 and .308 calibers.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by MrMarty51.
13 years 8 months ago #5152

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!