Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

surplus 308 belted ammo

• Thank you received: 0

surplus 308 belted ammo was created by mr.ugly

Has anyone every bought this ammo??If so how easy is to remove bullet belt used in machine gun??? looks to be cheaper ammo.Can someone help me out..
13 years 2 weeks ago #7206

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by aceofspades991 on topic Re: surplus 308 belted ammo

The ammo is not hard at all to take out and it feeds fine.

I'd give you more info, but that's all I know. As I said in other posts, I recently bought an AR 10 from a relative and they used the ammo, and I have taken the cartridges out of the belt myself, its been several years so I don't remember exactly how, but its not hard. I cannot comment on the accuracy or quality of the ammo, I just know it always feeds in the Armalite.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by aceofspades991.
12 years 6 months ago #8860

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Re: surplus 308 belted ammo

Do a search on the headstamp markings, you'll find enough info to know if it is a good lot or not. I have a couple cans with a Pakistani mark, the date showed them to be reliable on the web so I tried them with great results, the dealer I bought them from had checked his sources and was confident in it. It took me 20 minutes to get the links off and the rounds back into the cans. I pushed about four at a time against a scrap of 2x4. I have not shot any paper past 50 yds and that was only one 5 shot group that came in at about 3/4 inch. The rest I have been shooting at steel targets out to about 200 yards. I would like to blame the few misses on the ammo but I honestly have not noticed a difference in accuracy from the expensive 20 round boxes sold at the gun store, at least on hitting the steel, they do cause a bit more damage to the target and I'm not able to compare group size. I have had no issues with function, they are a little dirty but I enjoy cleaning my AR-10 so that doesn't really bother me.Some of the reloading sites said it was good stuff to reload if you take care of the primer pocket issue, another lot sensitive thing though. All and all this surplus ammo has allowed me and my friends to get more enjoyment from the rifle, more round per$= MORE FUN!!!!!
There are some lots that get tons of bad press so check the headstamps and get lots of opinions before you put it in your rifle, that said again, Have fun!
Armalite doesn't seem to want you to use the stuff so I hope I have not voided my warranty, it is just so damn fun to shoot I can't resist the extra fun it allows.
LIBERTY FIRST!
12 years 6 months ago #8862

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!