Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

factory ammo

• Thank you received: 67

factory ammo was created by foxhunter

Just read this on the FNAR forum and thought I would copy here. Would be good to know if anyone else is getting good results with this ammo in an AR10
"Author: Kevin
Comment:
I have not posted for a long time now but I have still been shooting the FNAR with great results, pretty much using federal sierra match king 168. with the front versa pod and shooting bags on the rear I get 1/4" to 1/2" groups @100 still when wanting to be accurate and trying best I can. I still shoot surplus for fun and not caring about accuracy. Today the range instructor suggested I try Federal American Eagle OTM match 168 made for M1A competition. I have not had luck with American Eagle in my handguns and have avoided it. He guarenteed I would be pleased so I thought what the he77 it was only $19.00 a box compared to $26.00 for the Seirra. first group was 1 1/2" higher but the group was 1/2". 6 clicks on the nightforce and the next group was on bull and touching. same with the next 2 groups - touching - 4th group was 2 1/4th holes they were touching so close.
I was impressed and will definetly stock up on this stuff, and its cheaper. So far it is the most accurate factory loads so far."
The following user(s) said Thank You: mlotziii
12 years 8 months ago #8268

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re: factory ammo

Thanks for sharing! This is great news.

The Federal SMK's are on sale from Brownells for 21.99 (as of 7/30/2011)
12 years 8 months ago #8298

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!