Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× In order to post to the "For Sale" forum you must be either a Club Member, Supporting Member, Lifetime Member, or Industry Sponsor.

AR-1O 308 EOTECH SIGHT. WORK ON A AR-15 IN 223???

• Thank you received: 0

AR-1O 308 EOTECH SIGHT. WORK ON A AR-15 IN 223??? was created by SAKIJOE

I HAVE A AR-1O WITH THE 308 EOTECH SIGHT, AND I PLAN TO BUY A AR-15. CAN I USE THE 308 EOTECH SIGHT ON A 223?? CAN I GET IT TO ZERO??
I HAVE A SNIPER SCOP I PLAN TO USE ON MY AR-10
REGARDS
BOB
13 years 6 months ago #5725

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by EDB on topic Re:AR-1O 308 EOTECH SIGHT. WORK ON A AR-15 IN 223???

The "extra dots" won't be much help, but you can zero it just fine on your AR-15
13 years 6 months ago #5726

Replied by SAKIJOE on topic Re:AR-1O 308 EOTECH SIGHT. WORK ON A AR-15 IN 223???

HI
THANK VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP
REGARDS
BOB
13 years 6 months ago #5727

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Edge on topic Re:AR-1O 308 EOTECH SIGHT. WORK ON A AR-15 IN 223???

You can still use it and can zero it. The hold over dots may or may not be right on for use with the .223. (Although this is true for the .308 also) You always want to test your optic. Just because it says it's calibrated for .308, doesn't mean it will be spot on. Especially if you are using a different ammo, you are at different elevations, climate changes, etc.

So when you get your .223, go out and shoot it and see exactly where each round is impacting accordingly. For example if your 300 yard holdover dot was hitting perfectly at 300 yards with the .308, it may actually be hitting perfectly at 313 yards with the .223. Once you know all this, you'll be good to go.
13 years 6 months ago #5730

Replied by Deputy108 on topic Re:AR-1O 308 EOTECH SIGHT. WORK ON A AR-15 IN 223???

Yes it will work on a AR-15.
13 years 6 months ago #5773

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Hot Lead Zapper on topic Re:AR-1O 308 EOTECH SIGHT. WORK ON A AR-15 IN 223???

Just an idea, consider GG&G QD lever on your 308 EOTECH and American Defense QD Mount for your Sniper Scope. Interchange system on your AR10 when needed. A method I use and it works, slide mounts forward until they stop on picatinny rail and clamp. American Defense and GG&G well retain MOA.

I use ADM for my long-range day scope so I can change to and from my NV scope. Never had issues with loss of MOA. I know some don
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Hot Lead Zapper.
13 years 6 months ago #5780

Replied by SAKIJOE on topic Re:AR-1O 308 EOTECH SIGHT. WORK ON A AR-15 IN 223???

HI GUYS
THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR HELP
REGARDS
BOB
13 years 5 months ago #5822

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!