Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

National Match Quadrail vs SASS Handguard

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by fallenangelhim on topic Re: National Match Quadrail vs SASS Handguard

I think with the Aluminum hand guard, I intended to mount a rail section on the bottom to mount the bipod. If using a prone position, would I need a longer bipod?

Lebben, how do you feel about Grip Pods? Again, I think the bipod is something I'd have to go see in person at a gun shop to see which one I like.
11 years 7 months ago #12367

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by fallenangelhim on topic Re: National Match Quadrail vs SASS Handguard

No, I don't plan on putting anything on the rail other than a bipod. I think I've settled on the lightweight round aluminum handguard from Armalite.

DMR stands for Designated Marksman Rifle.
11 years 7 months ago #12368

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Re: National Match Quadrail vs SASS Handguard

Some folks like Grip-Pods, but I'm not one of them. Our DMR's were issued them during our deployment to the 'Stan, a gift from one of the bright idea fairies at Brigade. Within 6 weeks, there were four Grip-Pods taking up space in my platoon connex because my shooters had gone back to Harris'.

IMO, a Grip Pod is heavier and harder to adjust for uneven ground. The models we were given could not be adjusted for cant and would not pan. When used as a VFG, it tended to pop open.

Bottom line: A hybrid is an object that does two jobs, neither one of them very well.

Extra height in a bi-pod is useful when shooting prone because it allows for a greater range of adjustment if the target is substantially higher than you.
RLTW
11 years 6 months ago #12374

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re: National Match Quadrail vs SASS Handguard

My thanks for the answer...sorry to sound dense...alittle out of touch these days...LOL
If you are not in a Hurry for this...shortly there will be a New FF handguard on the Market for the AR-10s...I myself don't even know quite what it will be...but I am sure it will be top notch...so again...if you want to wait a couple of weeks...you might have another choice to look at...
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
11 years 6 months ago #12376

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re: National Match Quadrail vs SASS Handguard

This is one time we both agree...Wow... :dry:
I am with you on those things...never owned one but I got to play with one...That didn't sound good... :pinch: :whistle: you know what I mean...I did not care for them in the least...
BMS

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
11 years 6 months ago #12377

Thanks "BUILDING MY SASS" and "Lebben." You guys have been a huge help. I just got the call that my rifle has arrived at my FFL. Going to pick it up now! Will post pics after trip to the range today!
11 years 6 months ago #12380

Hey it's what it is all about...I sent a PM...so Stay Stock for the Moment...
I know Leb is a great help in knowledge as well...Welcome to the Brotherhood..
and The Pride...Of The AR-10....The ArmaLite AR-10...that is... :woohoo: ;) B)
BMS

11 years 6 months ago #12381

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

11 years 6 months ago #12385

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

11 years 6 months ago #12386

Very cool my friend...always good to see a Virgin Rifle out of the Box....
I am making a new thread on the Hanguard I was talking about...I just got the go ahead to release it...take a look..
BMS

11 years 6 months ago #12394

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!