Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Carbon Fiber Handguards

• Thank you received: 1

Carbon Fiber Handguards was created by JUICE9269

Anyone try these yet? Pro's / Con's - thoughts on them? Feedback on what's good and what to stay away from? The weight from what I've seen isn't that different than the aluminum ones.
9 years 11 months ago #37903

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by silver78 on topic Carbon Fiber Handguards

Is there a specific brand you are comparing or are you simply referring to the stock Armalite carbon fiber handguard?
9 years 11 months ago #37905

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by JUICE9269 on topic Carbon Fiber Handguards

Across the board what is offered. Who has quality stuff, who doesn't, pro's and con's of the different manufacturers and of the basic build of this type of handgaurd. Does it chip easily, is it that much lighter than aluminum. Just a general conversation topic since I didn't see one on here. Trying to decide whether it's worth it to buy and what's best. Beneficial upgrade or waste of money.
9 years 11 months ago #37918

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by silver78 on topic Carbon Fiber Handguards

Well my experience with CF handguards is limited to the one offered by Armalite. I replaced it with an aluminum one from SWS which I really like. Here's the link.

www.superiorweaponssystems.com/E1-15.htm

I have also heard good things about the handguards from Midwest Industries as well. But again they are aluminum.

FWIW I think aluminum is more popular than CF. Good luck whatever you choose.
9 years 11 months ago #38036

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Carbon Fiber Handguards

I have no clue as to which would be better.
All I know anything about is the round, stock handguards that came on My AR10.
I just posting to sort of keep a watch on this thread, Just in case I might someday decide to change Mine out.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
9 years 11 months ago #38046

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Darkhorse_Tactical on topic Carbon Fiber Handguards

I have a Lancer Systems CF carbine length handguard on my AR-10 and I'm very pleased with it. If you're trying to keep the weight down and don't need a lot of rail-mounted accessories it's a good choice. But you can buy rail mounts separately and therefore customize where your accessories are mounted, which is kinda cool. But LS products aren't cheap...mine was like $230.
8 years 10 months ago #45152

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!