Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

To SamXBones........answers...

• Thank you received: 102

To SamXBones........answers... was created by BUILDING MY SASS

Well MSH may have more on this than I, but to my knowledge there are only two types of AR-10 types (not AR-10s) that have the uninterrupted top rail....KAC's SR-25, which you may be able to buy on but not sure it would fit...better check on that one...and LaRue's OSR, oops :whistle: :huh: just checked....LWRC as well,.....here are the links.
larueosr.com/laruetacticalstealthosropti...omplete762rifle.aspx
www.lwrci.com/p-120-repr.aspx
www.knightarmco.com/images/sr25.html
as I said not sure they will inter change with the AR-10.
Personally I really don't see the need for it, as far a increased accuracy, the full rail has no effect to my knowledge, I may be wrong on that. Being you are building a Carbine, just my two cents, I really don't think it is necessary to go FF, now for the longer barrel I would say maybe, it depends on how accurate you want to be. Does it have an effect on the MOA, I have read that it can be so small that it was not worth the extra $$$$$ for a FF.
"""""EDIT"""""" unless you are shooting out to 800 yards and then some....
As I said, I have pulled down sub-MOA at a 100 yards with mine, so my friend you have to be the judge on that one.....I think you would do just fine with the two piece drop in railed fore arm...
As for the suppressor, it should come with a flash suppressor that the suppressor attaches to, depending on which one you buy...MSH can shed more light on this one.....And as for your CO, tell him that it never hurts to be multi-trained, it actually make you worth more in the field, you can fix bodies and weapons....now that's a MEDIC.. ;)
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
14 years 2 months ago #2955

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by SamXBones on topic Re:To SamXBones........answers...

BMS,

Thanks for all the insight. I believe I will go with the drop in rails like you have.

So the flash suppressors that these rifles come from the factory with are easily removed if I am reading this correctly. That means I will be able to put a different flash suppressor on it if I decide to, right?
14 years 2 months ago #2959

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:To SamXBones........answers...

Just remember that you will probably have to center the barrel nut, so go ahead and take that class....
Here is the wrench to get...

www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=24190/Produc..._308_ARMORERS_WRENCH

it is the same one ArmaLite uses.....on the flash suppressor, well if it pinned then you will have to have a gunsmith take it off, or if you can have the factory do it before they ship it....Somewhere back in the threads is a post on this subject...not sure how far back or in what category it was...Oh now I remember it was to do with Muzzle Breaks...check in there...found it..."AR-10 Discussion--Muzzle Breaks"
Or PM MSH, he can fill you in on what needs to be done....
BMS

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 2 months ago #2960

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:To SamXBones........answers...

Sam
Looks like our mil.net worked today and you are hooked up with Sanderson so my thoughts are on your rifle is to KISS it. Keep it simple stupid. Go for the accuracy don't hang alot on the rifle. Go to the pictures and look at Nitetrains set up and look at Sandersons set up out there where yaw are stationed. He said that new barrel was killing their Accuracy International stuff. You got my email and Sanderson has the land line if you need anything.MSH
14 years 2 months ago #2961

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by SamXBones on topic Re:To SamXBones........answers...

BMS,

I checked out the thread you pointed me to. Exactly what I was looking for. That FSC30 looks like exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks! I'll order that tool this weekend as well.

MSH,

Thanks for the info via email today. Looking forward to hearing from your contacts here on island. I looked in the gallery but I wasn't able to easily search for the pictures. I'll have to mess around with it a little when I have some more time on my hands.

Does anyone know if the Vltor CASV-EL will fit on the AR10, or is it only for the M4? Any experience with them?

I've done a lot of looking around the past few days and I'm either going to go with the drop in's you suggested BMS or with the E1 Carbine tube from Superior Weapons Systems.
14 years 2 months ago #2962

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:To SamXBones........answers...

Sam, just my opinion mind you so take it for what it's worth....
The Drop-ins from MI are very solid and dependable, not to sure on the look of the E-1, if you really want to go free float, then get the sass one from armalite, have them install it at the factory when you order your rifle....that way it is all together when you get it..
and you will probably save your self a 100 bucks or better over the E-1, again just my two cents, but I will say that I have no problems with mine....and for building a KISS rifle, well that term is all in the holder's opinion...for me, I consider mine a KISS for the most part, except I can change out from short range or CRE as I like to call it...(close range engagement) to mid to mid-long distance with the throw of a few levers, again, it is all depending on what YOU want....two cents spent :laugh:
BMS

14 years 2 months ago #2963

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!