Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Disassembly instructions

• Thank you received: 0

Disassembly instructions was created by PastorDave

I have a Remington R-25. The instruction manual does not include procedures for disassembly beyond basic cleaning. My questions are, How do I take the handguard off this rifle? and How do I remove the trigger assembly?

If anyone can tell me the instructions or can point me to a good book or website with the instructions, I will certainly appreciate it.

PD
15 years 6 months ago #334

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by donkey1984 on topic Re:Disassembly instructions

they may not want you to do that yourself. by the way are you happy with that rifle, i have a buddy who is considering getting one?
15 years 6 months ago #335

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by PastorDave on topic Re:Disassembly instructions

Well, they may not "want" me to, but I'm going to do it anyway ;) (That is, if someone will tell me how!)

Besides, it seems to me that you have to take that handguard off occasionally to clean and wipe down the barrel well.

So far, I am very pleased with the R-25. The only problem that I have had with it was cycling problems when I used 7.62 NATO rounds. However, when using .308 ammo, I have never had a problem.

Although I have not had the gun long enough to give a full review, here are my initial impressions:

--It seems to be a well made rifle. There is only a very slight amount of play between the upper and lower receivers, but I understand that is common among ARs.
--Accuracy is good at short range. I have not yet had the opportunity to do long range shooting yet. And, I am still experimenting with various loads to see what shoots best in it. I will post some results on here regarding longer range accuracy in the future.
--The R-25 is a BEAUTIFUL rifle: Camo finish with black accents. When you contrast the camo finish with a black grip, black EOTech sight, black BUIS, black 20 rd magazine, and black tactical sling, you have got the most beautiful AR on the market. :)
--One thing to keep in mind with the finish, and this is true of any camo firearm: If you mar the finish, it would be very difficult to touch it up properly.
--The rifle is well balanced. Naturally, it is heavier than most 5.56 ARs, but it feels good when you shoulder the weapon. It feels good in a variety of carry positions with my Specter CQB sling.
--I think it would benefit from a little trigger work. I like a lighter, crisper trigger than what is on this gun. However, I am sure that a lot of people prefer the trigger as is.
--Bottom line: So far, I am very happy with this gun. If I had it to do over again, I would buy it again.

I'll give a fuller review at some point in the future, especially after I have found the best ammo and done some longer range shooting.

I would still like to hear from anyone who can point me to some directions on removing the handguard and trigger assembly.

PD

P.S. I got my new issue of Guns & Ammo this week. Patrick Sweeney does a mini-review of the R-25. So, your buddy may want to check that out.
15 years 6 months ago #338

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!