Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Midwest Industries....

• Thank you received: 102

Midwest Industries.... was created by BUILDING MY SASS

With all the discussions lately on FreeFloat hand guards, I have been thinking....Now given it is no secret that I have an ear at MI and promote their products, because I believe in the company, I want to here some input on this from as many people as possible.....
They make the two piece drop in hand guard, for the carbine and the rifle, for the ArmaLite AR-10 and now for the DPMS sportical, I would like to hear who would be interested in a two piece Free Float hand guard like the one they make for the AR-15......I am planning to contact them to see if they are going to make one....I was told, by them, that it may be in the future, so I would like to help get that ball rolling being that there are only a few companies that make them for our rifles....I am a supporter of MI and would stake my life on the quality of their products for which we use them...
Being that I am soon to acquire my M-15 for CQB, I am going to be up-grading my AR-10 A4 CB, and use it for a distance runner...yeah I know what I said previously.... :dry:
One note, the benefit of a two piece is obvious, easier maintenance when needed and also easier installation over the standard FF system and I believe you would not need to change out the barrel nut...
So my friends what say you all....

BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
14 years 2 weeks ago #3645

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Midwest Industries....

HHHMMMM no posts yet, no comments as of yet, well....I beat you to it my friends....I contacted MI this morning, good new sort of....as follows....

I have a new ar-10 free float on the book and I am waiting for the right time to go into production.

I have been given no date or details other than that...but I can tell you, I will be one of the first on the list...I told them to let me know when they come of the line...
BMS

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 2 weeks ago #3662

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:Midwest Industries....

Back when I was originaly planing for an AR10 build I would have been interested. I was frustrated at the time with the sparse info on what rail would fit. I'd have certainly put such a rail into consideration
14 years 2 weeks ago #3663

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by The Duck of Death on topic Re:Midwest Industries....

I think there is already a lot of competition there and, although, being the capitalist I am, I would encourage it, the business side of me says it may be a little risky.

Instead, something that's made me salivate, have you seen the monolithic uppers that ArmaLite sent out tease pics of?
14 years 2 weeks ago #3687

Duck, there is not as many as you think....at least for the AR-10, now for the AR-15, everybody and their brother make them,.... :dry:
BMS

14 years 2 weeks ago #3706

Replied by mrosbro on topic Re:Midwest Industries....

i would be very interested. i am putting together an ar-10 a4 carbine with the midlength gaurds.do standerd midlength handgaurds fit? they appear to.i seem to get mixxed messages from the diff. manufactures.if i can find a free-float 2-piece system i don't have to change barrel nuts that would bee very good and worth a couple bills just to save the headache. :woohoo:
14 years 2 weeks ago #3756

Mrosbro, it depends on the handguard,,,,there is something with the number of teeth on the ArmaLite barrel nut....
I talked to MI again, and it will be towards the end of the year before they even really get to thinking on it....they have different things in mind...that is all I know for now...
But if you want some great railed hand guards that are drop-ins, check out MI's AR-10 section....I have the carbine one and am really happy with it....I just have decided to go with a free float because now I have my M-15 for CQB, well hopefully this week :lol:, but they are very sturdy and fit like a glove for the ArmaLites....they even have a rifle length...here is a video on it....enjoy
BMS

14 years 1 week ago #3760

Replied by mrosbro on topic Re:Midwest Industries....

thanks for the info!thats what i'm looking for.i was looking for their 2 piece free float but this will work for awhile.hey i can always sell the drop in later to fund the free float.projects are always projects and thats the joy of black rifles,if ya don't like it change it. p.s. thanks for the videos also.
14 years 1 week ago #3766

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!