Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Z-Bolt laser not for the AR-10! What is?

• Thank you received: 556

Z-Bolt laser not for the AR-10! What is? was created by jtallen83

I spent good money on a green Z-bolt laser, it was made in 2007 but never used, came sealed in the box. It never would zero well, moved a little after every shot no matter where or how I placed it. After about 100 rounds I noticed the dot turned into a blob. Whatever focuses the beam at the front is gone. I contacted Z-bolt but no parts are available, they gave me a link to a pointer of theirs that would fit the mount, fo $60. I'm not risking that with the performance I saw so.... What green laser will work for me? I'm not afraid to pay for something that is reliable and has customer service. I have coyotes to kill!
LIBERTY FIRST!
12 years 2 weeks ago #11184

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Re: Z-Bolt laser not for the AR-10! What is?

Right now, the issue with green laser is that they are still diode pumped solid state lasers. This means that they are going to either very fragile cheap or somewhat fragile and expensive.

I spent 300ish on a green lasermax UNI-MAX, because my red UNI-MAX works so well. the green did not survive 2 mags through a springer XD, the red still works, but as expected is useless in bright light and stays on my SIG mosquito.
Shopping around, LaserDevices Inc., L3, ITT, all make good stuff in green...The good stuff runs 700-1000+.
The tech just isn't there yet in green, it is on its way though.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
12 years 2 weeks ago #11186

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by cliff on topic Re: Z-Bolt laser not for the AR-10! What is?

have held off on purchasing a laser for my ar,,,but I picked up a streamlight flash lite from the snap on tool guy last week. this light is awesome. bought it for work, but desided to keep it around the house, and use it for camping..you can read a license plate with it at night a 100 yards away.
12 years 1 week ago #11197

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Re: Z-Bolt laser not for the AR-10! What is?

I bought the Surefire millenium kit and have been very impressed with it. Battery stamina sucks but then I guess all that light has to come from somewhere. It looks like this with a red filter will be my main night time coyote killer till they figure out how to make a green laser that will hold up, I just can't pay $700- $1000 for a laser. I've tried red and it really doesn't do much for me at any distance over 50 yards.
I sure like the way that Z-bolt looked before I actually used it!
LIBERTY FIRST!
12 years 1 week ago #11198

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!