Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Inforce APL. so long surefire.

• Thank you received: 171

Inforce APL. so long surefire. was created by 13fcolt

I'm borrowing an Inforce APL (Auto Pistol Light) for the next couple days. The friend it belongs to came to me concerned about the off brand pistol light he bought off ebay for $117.00, wondering if it was any good since it's not a surefire.

I imagined he bought some chicom airsoft light from the way he talked about it, until he dropped it off this morning. My first response was "damn bro, you got internets didn't you read any reviews"? This is reported to be a very good light and so far with about 30 mins of playing around, I gotta have one.

It is very easy to get familiar with. Tap the switch on either side for constant on. Maintain pressure for momentary.
Pros
1. Runs on a singe 123A.
2. SLIM! this is my favorite part.
3. The switch is symmetrically ambidextrous. works the same left or right side.
4. LED is more than suffecient for a pistol light with a good clear beam and even flood.

Cons
1. It's new, so no holsters I know of for it. I'm not done looking though

I'll post more pics, side by side with my TLR1 with a more detailed review after class today.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
10 years 10 months ago #25518

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Inforce APL. so long surefire.

I need one,.......if you find a retailer with the in stock, let me know!
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 10 months ago #25520

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Inforce APL. so long surefire.

www.ebay.com/itm/INFORCE-APL-LED-Auto-Pi...nlight-/330898277243

This is where my buddy got this one. So far it is the best price I have seen. $117.50 free shipping, compared to 130-150 everywhere else.
10 years 10 months ago #25522

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Inforce APL. so long surefire.

I like it...I like it a lot. As far as holsters go, if you don't mind kydex Bladetech will make it for you.

How sturdily is the light built?
RLTW
10 years 10 months ago #25523

On a scale of 1-10 and the SF X300 is a 10, then this would be a good 6. It is polymer, so no driving nails with it, but there is no reason to expect breakage. It might not hold up to a pistol whipping, but drops, barrier shots, running a course, I don't foresee a problem. The minimal profile has a lot to do with it. There just isn't anything to snag or bang, other than directly under the weapon.

I'd say it's about 1/8" wider that my STI's slide, 1/16 either way. I'll get into it more when I get home. One more thing to save my caps for. It never ends.z
10 years 10 months ago #25533

Good analogy. I like it
RLTW
10 years 10 months ago #25535

OK. more pics. excuse the poor quality, getting used to a new phone and I'm no pro at this anyway.

Sitting next to my old TLR1. I should point out that normally the TLR will be a tad longer. I whittled down my switch tabs after having a couple of snags.

APL from the top.

TRL1 from the top.

My poor camera skills, and bad angles don't do the APL justice. In person the difference in bulk is significant.

Trying from the front.

Not an easy pic to take. Not only is the TLR an extra battery wider in the body, the head is larger in diameter.

The APL head appears to be a completely sealed unit. The heaviest part of the light, it features a spring loaded brass button to contact the battery, an O-ring seal, and what appears to be a dab of lithium grease on the threads. Battery replacement is done from the front. It is possible to swap a fresh batt with the light mounted, if that is your thing.

The LED is house in a very highly polished reflector. The lens is well recessed into the bezel. In addition to the APL being shorter, flush with the muzzle, it is less likely to get fouled with muzzle gasses.

My Pistol is an STI tactical 4.0 in .45acp. essentially a commander length with a full dustcover. The TLR 1 sticks out past the front almost 3/8 of an inch or so. The APL is flush with the front.
10 years 10 months ago #25550

This message has attachments images.

one last pic.

The APL mounts to the rail just like the TLR. One side moves, the other fixed. The difference is that the APL uses a lever instead of the thumbscrew of the TLR. The mount locks up tight with no play at all. Mounting and dismounting the light takes literally a second. The lever is slightly counter sunk into the housing when down, leaving no snag points on the APL.

There are different rail adapters for Glock, picatiny, etc. that I do not have available for pics.

Now I just gotta talk my buddy into letting me keep it.
10 years 10 months ago #25551

This message has an attachment image.

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Inforce APL. so long surefire.

$122 bucks on Amazon with free shipping thru the AR10T.com portal so even the SITE get's a cut if you buy there... :thumbs: :thumbs:

www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/178-9391...l+light+-+200+lumens

Just in case anyone wants to set their Amazon up thru AR10t.com to help support the site, this is the link... www.amazon.com/?ref=ar10-20
10 years 10 months ago #25561

My local cool guy store had them. Picked one up today. That little joker's bright as all git out. It's now riding on my SAI Lightweight Operator. Thanks for the heads up, Colt.
RLTW
10 years 9 months ago #25777

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!