Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Trijicon RMR for AR-15

• Thank you received: 132

Trijicon RMR for AR-15 was created by mlotziii

I've been scouting around for an optic for my new AR-15. I am only looking for something that will function well within 100 yards. I had an AimPoint Comp2M and liked it but it added a lot of weight and it sucked up batteries.

I'm leaning towards the Trijicon RMR reflex sight

The RMR has a long battery life, uses cheap batteries, and weighs only a few ounces.

Would you go with the same thing for close range targets?
10 years 6 months ago #29593

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Trijicon RMR for AR-15

Yes. I'd also look at the burris Fastfire, Docter, Jpoint and other similar sights and compare pros and cons. There is a significant spread in price , features & quality, so it is good to shop around. The RMR is on the top of most reviews though.
The next thing I'd look for is a mount with good protection, "ears" sticking up on the sides. If the RMR is built like the ACOGS, it probably wont need it though.

You'll most typically see these on a 45 deg mount next to a scope, or piggy backed on top of one. I had a Trijicon TA31 ECOS with a Docter sight sitting on top. I found it very fast and easy to use out to 100. Much quicker than irons.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
10 years 6 months ago #29595

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Trijicon RMR for AR-15

I am always looking at those sights. I just do`nt unnerstands them enough to jump for one.
I looked through one, mounted on a rifle, been a while back, but, I was impressed with the way it functioned.
I thought about buying a BSA for cheap, just to try, then, if I liked that type of sight, work My way up.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
10 years 6 months ago #29619

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Trijicon RMR for AR-15

I have thought about getting that for my Trijicon 3x35 and mounting it on top. Trijicon stuff is PRICEY, but its top quality and mostly superior to the rest of the stuff out there. Their stuff its built to last and take a beating.

On the other hand LuckyStar 7 Scopes for Dopes and Stomach pump room Inc is not an all bad way to go especially early on. Buy it, use, like it then when the batteries fail step up to the big leagues.
10 years 6 months ago #29636

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Trijicon RMR for AR-15

I changed my mind... I think that I'll get this instead because I can save on the need for a weapon light:

Armasight Zeus 5 Thermal Imaging Rifle Scope
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by mlotziii.
10 years 6 months ago #29648

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Trijicon RMR for AR-15

:drool:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 6 months ago #29651

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!