Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

TRS-25 w/ riser Review

• Thank you received: 556

TRS-25 w/ riser Review was created by jtallen83

I Ended up getting a Bushnell TRS-25 with riser for my PM400, couldn't wait for the Eotech to get in. All in all I'm pretty happy with it. I found the both eyes open approach to work great at close range when shifting from target to target rapidly, the sight almost disappears leaving just the dot floating there, first time this has worked for me. 10 rounds in under 30 seconds at 50 yards and everything stayed pretty tight. It has a 1/3 cowittness with the riser that came with it, first time I've used a system like this and it worked well. The picture doesn't do the dot justice, it is much more defined in person, 3 moa dot according to the specs. If it holds up I might not even need the Eotech.

LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: faawrenchbndr, NightForce
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by jtallen83.
10 years 5 months ago #30170

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic TRS-25 w/ riser Review

Thanks for posting , I may have to pick one up. I am a bit of a red dot whore. Currently have 5 different ones on the shelf and on different weapons at this time.
10 years 5 months ago #30179

Replied by jtallen83 on topic TRS-25 w/ riser Review

It wasn't the cheapest one available but it was far from the top prices. I paid $117 after tax at Walmart. I think it is a bit cheaper on Amazon. I knew I only had one weekend left to use the Apple Creek range before travelling to the next job so I wanted to put something on the Sig, one of the few occasions I've been happy with an impulse buy. :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 5 months ago #30180

I thought I'd add an observation on battery life, I didn't get 10 hours on the factory installed battery and used it on about 5 or 6 setting most of that time, the range is 1-11. It may have had some age or it could have been the cold but it started blinking within 5 minutes of use today, it wasn't that cold either, maybe lower 30's. I put in a new spare I was carrying so I'll keep track of what I get on that one and report back. :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 3 months ago #33047

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic TRS-25 w/ riser Review

Very nice..........battery longevity is huge upgrade with higher priced optics.
Great optic at 1/5th the price of the TI I have.........long term, who knows how long this budget optic will last.
Another great budget brand is Primary Arms
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
10 years 3 months ago #33048

Another battery gave up, sort of. I think this sight may have issues operating in the cold. It was mid-20's today and the dot started fading after just about 30 shots( couldn't be an hour on the fresh battery yet). If I turned it off a minute it would come back momentarily but then fade again. I had let the rifle sit outside for a few hours before use so it had cooled down good. When it warmed back up this evening the dot stayed on full bright for 20 minutes without any fading.
I'm going to make two conclusions, this is a fair weather red dot and I need to get that eotech.
I did get to utilize the 1/3 co-witness aspect of the setup and it worked just fine.
At least I know I can be comfortable when switching to the back ups! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 1 month ago #35364

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic TRS-25 w/ riser Review

What model EoTech are you considering?
RLTW
10 years 1 month ago #35371

Only the EXP3 series,I want the short platform and the NV capability. I'm vacillating between the standard and the -2 reticle.
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LebbenB
10 years 1 month ago #35375

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic TRS-25 w/ riser Review

I just got an EXP 2, have not had a chance to try it out, but first impressions are good. That Bushy at $117 sounds good, not sure on cold and short battery life...keep us in the loop on that.
10 years 1 month ago #35380

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic TRS-25 w/ riser Review

I have a 512 and an EXP3. Both with the standard reticle. Solid pieces of kit, nigh on Ranger proof (I haven't been able to break it yet though my son, Ranger Lebben the Younger, hasn't been able to get his booger hooks on it yet.) What's got me excited is the laser module that L3 is supposed to introduce this year for the 512/552. It replaces the battery cover with one that has a visible laser on one side and an IR laser on the other. It's also supposed to be around $400, which would be a bargain to get into the IR game, since a quality DBAL will run about twice that.
RLTW
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51, jtallen83, NightForce
10 years 1 month ago #35381

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!