Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

TRS-25 w/ riser Review

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic TRS-25 w/ riser Review

I got a response from Bushnell, their description is wrong. This model red dot does not have any automatic shut off. They said they would be correcting the descriptions.
They didn't answer my question about how many hours I could expect though.......I sent the question again so I'll keep updating.
I hope to be to the range early on a cool morning this next week to see how it does with temperatures.
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 5 months ago #42483

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by jtallen83 on topic TRS-25 w/ riser Review

The sight stayed on for an hour of upper 30's temps, I'll be checking out colder temps later this winter for sure.
I still have not received a reply from Bushnell on just how many hours I should expect. I've seen reviews claiming several hundred hours but I'm calling phooey on them. I know my Bushnell SMRS 1-6.5x 24mm will get a full week without issue, I left it on between range trips and have used it for several hours since. When I get another scope for my AR-10 then the TRS will be relegated to plinking fun on my Ruger 22/45 pistol.
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 5 months ago #42580

Replied by jtallen83 on topic TRS-25 w/ riser Review at -7F

I got a chance to use the red dot at -7F this morning. The rifle, PM400, and sight had a chance to cool to ambient temperature for about an hour before use. The red dot worked fine for the 30 minutes plus I had it on. The 100 yard steel on the dueling tree was very difficult to hit with my poor vision and no magnification but I was pleased with the 50 yard results shown below. The outliers were mostly due to my lack of experience using gloves on the SSA trigger.
Once I adjusted they pretty much found the center. :usa:

LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 2 months ago #43941

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!