Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

M6X Light & Laser

• Thank you received: 556

M6X Light & Laser was created by jtallen83

I HAD to buy this light because my new P226 holster had some looseness issues when using my TLR1. ;)
When the M6X arrived in the mail I would have sworn the box was empty, it is very light, 4.4 ounces with batteries. I bought it used on ebay for $130, Amazon has them for about $230 new. It had batteries in it but shows no signs of being used seriously, you can hardly tell it was ever mounted.
I still haven't sorted out exactly who makes these. It says Streamlight but other internet searches say insight or Eotech makes them. The specs are impressive; 150+ peak lumens, 1 hour continuous run time with some info saying 2 hours, waterproof to 66 ft, 200 meter range on the laser, and a temperature range from -32C to 65C. There is a tiny wrench for adjusting the laser that threads in between the bezel and the rail, it has an O-ring so it doesn't back out and get lost. The attachment system is quick, easy, and feels firm.
When I compare the lights my TLR1 seems a bit brighter and broader but the M6X may have a bit more oomph at longer ranges. the batteries may be getting used up as well, the TLR1 has a new set of Surefire batteries so I'll revisit that test when they are both running the same batteries.
I'll beat it around for a spell and report back with my findings, so far I'm happy :usa:

LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 3 weeks ago #36234

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic M6X Light & Laser

Nice find! My brother has one. I have a Kimber TLE RL II which was one of the first handguns to ever have rails and I'be been wanting to get one just haven sprung for one yet. Glad you got such a deal on it!
10 years 3 weeks ago #36257

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!