Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Drop-in Triggers

• Thank you received: 0

Drop-in Triggers was created by 1911Man

I've had my AR-10 for six months. The trigger is atrocious. I'm going sheep hunting August and would like to take the ACOG 55 topped AR rather than M3A topped SSG.

I'm trying to get some thoughts on the Pact drop-in trigger and/or suggestions for alternatives. Any advice from more experienced AR-10 owners?
14 years 10 months ago #1674

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by GioAR10A4 on topic Re:Drop-in Triggers

I won't claim to be more experienced. This is what I learned while researching this subject;

If you compare trigger assemblies of the AR15 and AR10 you will notice the AR10 has much more mass. This is needed for reliable primer ignition.

Armalite makes a match trigger for the AR10, you can't go wrong with using Armalite components in your Armalite rifle. Having said that, I chose the Timney trigger Assembly.
It was easy to install and works great. One of two best mods I made to my AR10A4.

Good luck

G
14 years 10 months ago #1686

Replied by 1911Man on topic Re:Drop-in Triggers

Thanks for input. Armalite shows that item OUT OF STOCK at present time. Will look for Timney as I need to get going on this so I can get a bit of trigger time before August 5th departure. BTW, I haven't shot my ar10 a4 yet but it has a fantastic two-stage trigger right out of the box. Thinking of switching it into the full sized rifle...or, I could break in collapsible rifle and take it! Thank you again for input.
14 years 10 months ago #1687

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Drop-in Triggers

This is an article on the gold trigger set up. It might help and here is a link that Scaup58 gave me when I was inquiring about triggers. www.americantrigger.com
Hope this is some help..
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 9 months ago #1708

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!