Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

EOTech 552.XR308

• Thank you received: 0

EOTech 552.XR308 was created by PastorDave

I have an EOTech 552.XR308 mounted on a Remington R-25. I also have flip-up BUIS that co-witness through the EOTech.... very nice set up.:)

The 552.XR308 has a center recticle that is designed for shooting 0-300 m. It also has recticles for 600m, 900m, and 1200m that are ballistically calibrated specifically for the 308.

I have had this gun for only a couple of weeks, and I have not yet had the opportunity to do any distance shooting. (I have only had the chance to sight it in at 25m.) My assumption is that the recticles are calibrated for 147-150 gr bullets, the standard NATO weight. But does anyone know for sure? There are several factors that could contribute to the accuracy (or inaccuracy!) of the 600-1200m recticles.

I have a couple of questions regarding this sight:
1. Does anyone know for sure what bullet weight these recticles are designed for?
2. At what distance exactly should I sight in that center recticle for the drop-compensated recticles to be accurate?

The answer to these questions should make a big difference on whether or not those 600-1200m recticles are reliable.

Any input will be appreciated.
15 years 7 months ago #247

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:EOTech 552.XR308

No specifics here... I've had a very hard time finding any real data about that recticle. Any study you do will probably help enlighten everyone!
15 years 7 months ago #262

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by PastorDave on topic Re:EOTech 552.XR308

I emailed a few questions to the technical sales rep at EOTech, and he answered one of them. When I emailed some specific follow up quesions that I posted here, he never emailed back.

I haven't decided yet whether I want to sight this thing in at 100 yds or 100 meters. I generally use yardage when sighting things in, but the drop points on this sight are designed for meters. However, if EOTech cannot provide specifics regarding bullet weight, etc., then the whole question is pretty much moot.

What I will probably do is sight it in at 100 yds. Then, I will do some long range shooting and just see what yardage those drop points correspond to.

I will keep everyone posted with the results.
15 years 7 months ago #270

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!