Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

EOTech flip magnifiers

• Thank you received: 12

EOTech flip magnifiers was created by crux

Does anyone own / has anyone used an EOTech flip magnifier in a tactical match?

The benefit I see as flexibility over range and maximal fast aquisition at close ranges, the penalty of course is weight increase and more things to break/fiddle with.

On the other hand considering I already have an eotech the 500 less cost to get magnification and extend range over the ACOG does get my attention.

My instinct is that its still the right thing to do to save up for a TA11E and be done with it, but I'm very interested in experiences people have with the EOTech magnifiers before I write them off.
14 years 1 month ago #3426

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:EOTech flip magnifiers

Sorry I didn't get to this till now...Where as I don't have one, I do know a few that do....It takes some getting used to, as they have said...The clarity is in the eye of the beholder so to speak...where as the Acog as you know is a top optic...but the problem from what I have read and heard is that at closer ranges, it make it difficult at best...If you add the magnifier, and there are some mid range cost wise one out there, it is a good idea to spend the money for a "flip out" mount...this way you can take it out of the picture when in close....as for the cost comparison....add it all together both ways...it comes out around the same....So my friend, it all comes down to what you feel you want...I know this is probably not as much help as it sounds...but it was the best I could offer...Oh and the statements I am referring to are from both written articles and from Professionals in the field...
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 10 months ago #4372

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by morrisaw308 on topic Re:EOTech flip magnifiers

Crux,
Sorry I'm just getting back here.
I have the EOTech and not an ACOG. I'm new the the AR and bought the Rock River Arms LAR-8 Mid length(Like it alot so far) and EOTech + G23 3x as a package(got a really good deal that I couldn't pass plus 3 used FN mags). The G23 adds alot of weight to it. I change the setup to swing left, out of the way of the ejection port. With the G23 removed, I find the EOTech quick to point, which is what is ment to be. It is fairly light and has good quick acquisition. This you probably already know. I don't like the dots at close range and I use them as a post. For some reason I cant see the dots well or at all. With the G23 mounted with the supplied quick mount the dots are clear and shoots good. The only reason I bought it cause they did not have the AIMpoint I wanted. I think the ACOG or AIMpoint would be a better overall choice if buying new cause of the weight. Otherwise it fulfills the roll of CQC and long range. I like it but having the G23 hang off to the side for CQC is something I will have to get use to. The G23 is a rock solid unit. Quick flip out and solid lock back. Changing from a bolt guns I use all my life to a semi-auto is really a major change in technology for me. I see that I'm going to like it though and will put the effort it takes to use it well.
If I had to do it over, I would mount all three and see which one suits me best. Just my opinion. As promised in another post I will reply again and put pictures up for you to see.
Hope this helps. If you have any questions just let me know.
morrisaw308
13 years 10 months ago #4576

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!