Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

scopes and optics

• Thank you received: 0

scopes and optics was created by dpmsfulton

This is my set-up. I have two scopes, both high quality, both mounted in quick detach mounts. One is a Nightforce 1-4, and the other is a Valdada 2-12. The Nightforce covers about all of my realistic and majority of time shooting. I use the Valdada when I have the range to stretch out and want absolute precision. I can change out the two in under ten seconds. The Nightforce works as a CQB and mid range scope, specifically designed for and used by Navy Tier 1 groups as such. The two high quality scope approach is expensive, but, there it is.
13 years 9 months ago #4632

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:scopes and optics

B)
PICTURES........ :woohoo: wait, where are the PICTURES.... :dry:
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 9 months ago #4637

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by JustMe on topic Re:scopes and optics

dpmsfulton,

I saw a show on the Sports Channel called "Modern Rifle" modernrifleadventures.tv/# and thought about you having to change your two scopes for close and far shots.

They introduced a scope mount that attaches to the side of a normally mounted scope which permits a second scope to be attached to the primary scope. They also introduced a tiny red dot sight that automatically turns off and on by sensing rifle movement. Seems like just the ticket for you so you don't have to change scopes from your 1-4 to your 2-12.

Their setup was a 6x20 primary scope with a red dot sight attached to the side for varmint hunting. Since you never know if the coyote is going to be a long range shot or pop up unexpectely for a close shot, this setup makes a switch from the 6-20 scope to the red dot sight instantaneous.
13 years 9 months ago #4737

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!