Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

armalite ar 10 10A4CBF flip up sights

• Thank you received: 0

armalite ar 10 10A4CBF flip up sights was created by Rusty Boldt

I want some flip up sights for my flat top already got a scope but the one at armalite page are 200 bucks and you go on amazon and you find some for 50 for both are armalite ones worth it? If not anyone have any cheaper ones that are gonna work with my gun? Any help is appreciated the less I spend on sights the more bullets I can reload thanks again and thank you ar10t page.
13 years 2 months ago #6740

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Re: armalite ar 10 10A4CBF flip up sights

My Granddad always said, "Buy once, cry once." $50 for a set of BUIS may save you some money in the short run, but they could be a set of cheap knock-offs that may or may not work. A decent set will cost twice that, minimum. If you already have an optic of some sort on the rifle, don't sweat the BUIS. Shoot and buy ammo/mags; the right deal will come along eventually. F'rinstance - I actually took off the rear BUIS of my LWRC M6. I run an aimpoint CCO on that rig and with battery life being what it is (insanely long), I really don't need a BUIS. In the unlikely event the dot goes out, I can use the tube and front sight post as a sort of ghost ring.
RLTW
13 years 1 month ago #6874

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re: armalite ar 10 10A4CBF flip up sights

I would have to agree with Leb....as for cheap sights...you get what you pay for...and for the Magpul polymer, so far most of the people I know who bought them were glad that they didn't get rid of their Irons.....
200 is about right...Go To Midwest Industries those are the ones I have and are well worth the investment...but yet less than others....
www.midwestindustriesinc.com/

As far as needing Back ups...well that is up to the individual....as I say...
Better to have and not need than Need and not have....

you can save some money going direct to most manufactures for your sights...or Bravo Company or Midway USA....
Hope it helps...
If you need to know what they look like...on the A4 C....check out the article section on the site....it's mine....
BMS

Forgot to add....depending on your optic height, you may want to go with the SPLP..
it sits lower than ERS when folded down...
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
13 years 1 month ago #6875

I understand what you mean. My son's POF has an EoTech; I made him keep his BUIS on. It's just that Aimpoint is sooooOOOOOOooooo far ahead of everybody when it comes to battery life.
RLTW
13 years 1 month ago #6885

Sorry...I forgot the "to"....:lol:

yeah I agree that AimPoint is top dog...and I will own one some day...but batteries don't count if it gets smashed or hit...and no more red dot....then you need to back ups...stay low profile and you forget they are even on there...
BMS

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 1 month ago #6888

I've deployed several times with an M68 CCO on my weapon. To say that I'm confident in it's ruggedness and construction would be a gross understatement. When/if you ever get one, after you zero it to your rifle, dismount it. Throw it as far as you can send it; throw it against a wall, even. Then remount it, and fire five confirming shots - I'd bet a month of jump pay it'll still be on zero. I realize that's a bold statement. But that's how much I believe in Aimpoint's products. So I guess it's, "to each, his own."
RLTW
13 years 1 month ago #6892

So True....but as a former Boy Scout...Always Be Prepared...still lives in me...I meant no offense....
I always got a Kick out Mark LaRue's statement in their guarantee....My comp 3 in my 152 was run over by a truck.....Send us the mount and we will replace it...as for your AimPoint....contact your insurance company.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

or something like that.....:dry:

I will own a comp 2 or 3 someday...then I may have to just try that....;)
BMS

13 years 1 month ago #6893

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re: armalite ar 10 10A4CBF flip up sights

I've been eyballing the TROY Di-Optic Rear sight, probably get a troy companion from the front. I've never done too well with circular peep sights, thinking the diamond might help.

store.troyind.com/Di_Optic_Aperture_DOA_...ssig-doa-rfxx-00.htm

Either way, on an AR-10, I would not go with low end sights.
13 years 1 month ago #6894

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Rusty Boldt on topic Re: armalite ar 10 10A4CBF flip up sights

So are the armalite ones worth it or do you guys think there is a better brand not sure who even makes them there them or just buy from a diff company then sell them also
13 years 1 month ago #6909

Unless it is their own sights like the carry handle ones...most of them are from other manufacturers......You can save a few bucks usually buying from that particular company direct...and some offer FREE SHIPPING on orders over a curtain amount and some even give Free Kudos with the orders......Free Kudos are a good thing...YES.;)
BMS

13 years 1 month ago #6911

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!