Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

KAC

• Thank you received: 2

KAC was created by AZMM

The last I heard on military.com was that KAC stopped manufacturing the SR-25 for the civilian market a while back, but hopefully after being awarded the Army contract for the M110 they will get incentive to begin production for us "civys" again. Does anyone know exactly what's up on this as I hate bringing up second-hand info without confirming it first which I did not do in this particular case?

Almost forgot. Here's an interesting page on the SR-25 I found recently: www.biggerhammer.net/stoner/
It also has other links for this platform including a very interesting article comparing Armalite's AR-10s to the SR-25.
15 years 8 months ago #136

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:KAC

I haven't even heard a rumor about when KAC might produce the M110 design for civil.

On the one hand, since KAC is now the official M110 manufacturer, I would think the standard for AR-10 might be tempted to drift toward their design. On the other hand, they always make them so darned expensive and so sparingly for the civilian market, perhaps not.

One of the things that complicated my shopping for an AR-10 platform is the lower level of standardization between manufacturers.
15 years 7 months ago #181

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by AZMM on topic Re:KAC

I couldn't agree more Crux! To get what I need out of a AR-10 I will probably have to purchase 2 Armalite models along with a DPMS lower and Fulton Armory Titan upper with the Krieger barrel. That automatically means two different kinds of mags which ain't cheap to say the least. Its too bad they are all not interchangeble when it comes to magazines as with AR-15s. Then you have Rock River and formerly Bushmaster using FAL mags on their models. Cobb was also producing an AR-10 that utilized G3/HK91 mags. When it comes to specific rifle platforms, the old saying "can't we all just get along" applies very well imo, lol.
15 years 7 months ago #182

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:KAC

I have to agree with both, but you have to remember, like cars, they are all different, each has its good and bad points. I always considered KAC like a Lexus, if you got that kind of money, go for it. Just remember that all these others are designed from ArmaLite's and Stoner's design. As far as DPMS or Rock RIvers, well I would do more research into their products before you buy the parts. When you look at all you can do with an ArmaLite, you would be better off.
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 10 months ago #1359

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by HHollow on topic Re:KAC

How does one get repair parts for SR-25. In particular I seek a bolt stop. Several different types where used. The one I am interested in is shown in the link.

www.biggerhammer.net/stoner/sr25var10/sr25_serialnumber.jpg

KAC does not answer my emails. The item is not shown on any website. Any ideas?
14 years 2 months ago #2843

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:KAC

That's been my concern with KAC. I have heard from others that not only are they expensive, but that their customer service is primarily focused on the government customer, and not the public. That's the biggest reason I avoided them next to cost.

About 4 years ago, a company named Excalibur Arms (www.sr-25.com) was said to be a former retailer for KAC, might be worth asking them if they have any idea where you could get parts.

Also Impact guns ( www.impactguns.com/store/kmc_sr25parts.html ) appears to carry some parts, might be worth inquiring directly with them as well.

I've seen Armalite vs KAC compatibility comparisons, but I've never seen KAC compared to DPMS, the Remington R-25, etc. Might be worth seeing if someone has a bolt stop for those variants and check the fit.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by mlotziii.
14 years 2 months ago #2845

OK you guys are going to love this..... :blink:
On that link I posted awhile back about the comparability of parts between DPMS and the AR-10, there are some references to the SR-25.
Here is what I found so far.....

"BOLT CATCH: The SR-25 employs the M-16 bolt catch. This device was designed to stop the small M-16 bolt carrier assembly, not heavier AR-10 bolt carrier assembly. The AR-10 bolt catch is larger and stronger than that of the M-16/SR-25 to function with the heavier AR-10 components. It is designed to automatically catch the bolt when pressed upward by the bolt catch trip in the follower."

"""""According to KAC, this statement is an error""""as to being the same as a M-16 bolt catch....01/25/2010
There might be more in the section, I have gone over all of it again...

So that somewhat explains things, and from the picture I would say it is alot smaller than the AR-10's. You might try and see if you can get a after market "heavy duty" bolt catch for a M-16 or AR-15.
Also I would be on the phone to them....
I am going to check some other avenues to see what else I can find.
Maybe, you might want to ask MSH too. I am sure he could tell you some specifics on that issue...
BMS

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
14 years 2 months ago #2846

HH;

OK again, check it out.....LOOK FAMILIAR.... ;)

www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=17543/Product/BOLT_CATCH

Check it against the picture you posted....

BMS

14 years 2 months ago #2847

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by HHollow on topic Re:KAC

You might be on to something. I had not thought of a DPMS catch. I know an M16/AR15 piece will not do.

See from the link how the bolt catch is held on the lower. Notice the receiver on the left is SR-25, the one on the right is modern AR-10.

www.biggerhammer.net/stoner/sr25var10/sr25_ar10_boltrelease.jpg
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by HHollow.
14 years 2 months ago #2848

HHollow, I did some checking and called KAC, the statement about the bolt catch being the same is an error, according to them, they make their own.....and you can not get it from them, you have to go through a dealer....The one they recommended is Operation Parts. I know of this company, I have bought some stuff from them, and they do what they can to make the customer happy. I ordered the wrong barrelnut wrench and found the right one on a different site, they got the one I needed and exchanged it for the other one. Not alot of companies will do that. Anyway here is the link, you will have to call them direct to get the info....I will try to get ahold of them later and see what I can find out for you...

:link:
www.operationparts.com/default.asp

I know they do carry their parts I have seen some of them just browsing...
BMS

Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
14 years 2 months ago #2853

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!