Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Armalite Magazines

• Thank you received: 0

Armalite Magazines was created by ROFCIBC

I recently bought a POF .308 and am trying to find magazines, since it only came with one. I recently found a "grab bag" of .308 magazines and bought six of them. Since I did not have my gun with me I kind of took a chance. As it turns out 3 fit, 3 don't.

The three that don't are all identical. They appear to be new as they are in plastic bags and still have the preservative on them. The tag on the bags say "MAGAZINE ARMALITE 303 20 RD" and below that a bar code and below that "MGARM107070". The reason they don't fit is the raised center on the back of the magazine is about 1/8 too wide for the groove in the back of my gun's receiver. The price tag on them was $41.00 but they were sold for $34.35.

The only marking on them is what appears to be an Armalite logo of a sight and a lion on the bottom.

I am trying to figure out just exactly what they fit and if they are worth trying to sell, as I can take them back and get a refund. I don't want to do that if there is a "good home" out there somewhere for them.

Anybody know anything about them?

Thanks.
11 years 4 months ago #14921

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Armalite Magazines

Sounds like Armalite gen2 mags. If you can, post pics. I doubt you will be burdened with them for long.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
11 years 4 months ago #14938

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic Armalite Magazines

That's all I could come up with as well. I don't think Armalite has ever made anything for the British 303 but I COULD be wrong on that. I would also like a look at them and I'll take the first stab at a bid if you wanna get rid of them (if they turn out to be Gen IIs). I NEED some 20s.
11 years 4 months ago #14940

Replied by ROFCIBC on topic Armalite Magazines

NOTE CORRECTION: On closer examination with better light and a magnifying glass the ".303" I put in the original post is actually ".308"

I will take some pix and add measurements to them. I tried a .308 round and it seems to fit nicely. Since I can't put the magazine in my rifle I can't determine if it would feed the round or not. I asked the clerk where they came from, and she had no idea. The labels are pretty faded so it appears they have been around for a while.

Just for my own edification is it still legal to sell them, and ship them to a buyer? Since we gun owners seem to have Feinstein bulls eyes (no pun intended) on us I don't want to do more to help her and her acolytes.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by ROFCIBC.
11 years 4 months ago #14943

I just did some checking and although there ARE regs about shipping firearms, I can't find any "shipping regs" for mags.

I'm guessing these would fall under the same classification as handguards, pistol grips and the like. Since they have no correlation to the actual "workings" of a rifle, they do not fall under any of the codes I've looked at and I also checked the UPS regs and there is nothing about shipping magazines listed.

Also, since many company offer mags that CANNOT sell firearms, I would also consider that to be an indication that these will be fine to ship.

If you do some checking and actually FIND anything about shipping mags, I would be happy to see it however I don't believe you will.

Again, I'd like to throw my hat into this sale once we confirm their identity if you'd like to PM me and work something out.

Sharkey
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Sharkey.
11 years 4 months ago #14944

you can ship magazines anywhere you want,except Kalifornia, and a few other ban states that retained some sort of state level restriction.

I am laughing at you sharkey..303.. lol
11 years 4 months ago #14945

Replied by ROFCIBC on topic Armalite Magazines

The overall dimensions are 6" high, 3" wide, 1" deep. Taken with the plastic ruler in the pictures so may be a few thousands of an inch off of precision!

Here are some pix I took of the magazine.

This is the only identification/marking of any kind I can find on the magazine.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by ROFCIBC. Reason: added image, notes
11 years 4 months ago #14949

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

those are the ones. Armalite gen2. I give it 10 minutes and you will be flooded with offers.
11 years 4 months ago #14950

Why? He said they had "303" written on them and the British 303 was all I could think of and since you and Leb as so darned good at pulling facts out of your butts that I could never DREAM of, instead of saying Armalite NEVER did anything in 303, I just said I didn't BELIEVE they had so you 2 trivia machines could go to work and prove me wrong... :laugh:

What happened, did I actually get one right for a change?? :)

And no, I'm not pickin on you guys in a bad way. You're like my own personal rifle dictionaries that I count on tremendously pretty much daily... :thumbs:
11 years 4 months ago #14951

It's funny, not just because armalite never made any 303 rifles, It's because .303 is one of the most unlikely things to put in a top tier rifle.
11 years 4 months ago #14953

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!