Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

C-Products LR-308/SR-25 Magazines

• Thank you received: 80

C-Products LR-308/SR-25 Magazines was created by Lizardette

I have three of them, and I've had feeding problems with all of them. DPMS magazines work perfectly.

I had no idea what the problem was until recently when I noticed a couple of strange wear marks on the inside of the upper receiver below the barrel extension. They are two tiny circular marks, each about the size of the tip of a bullet. It looked like bullets might have been impacting the receiver below the receiver extension before being fed. There were no line shaped wear marks/scratches leading up to the feed ramps though. So I put a loaded DPMS magazine in and looked through ejection port.

The DPMS magazine covered up the marks completely and held the cartridges in line with the feed ramps. So, I tried a C-Products magazine. It sat low enough that the marks were visible, but the top cartridge in the magazine looked to be in line with the feed ramp on the same side. However, the second cartridge in the magazine was holding the bullet in line with the mark on the same side.

The only thing I came up with was that maybe the next cartridge was somehow moving forward during the feeding cycle and hitting the receiver. So, I got a small flat bladed screw driver and pushed both cartridges forward. The second cartridge was able to move forward far enough to impact the receiver, right where that mark was.

My conclusion, after examining the magazine latch cut-outs on both brands of magazines is that the one on the C-Products magazine is placed slightly higher up than on the DPMS magazine, causing it to sit lower in the magazine well.

Other than feeding problems, this could potentially deform the tips of the bullets causing a loss of accuracy. I'm not sure for certain as I've done no testing on it, but I'm going to avoid using those magazines for the moment though.

Regardless, I wouldn't recommend them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, NightForce
10 years 10 months ago #25287

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic C-Products LR-308/SR-25 Magazines

CProducts went to crap when Larry sold the company. Seems the mags made after 2010 all seem to have issues,.......or at least, many of them. I have a bunch of CProducts mags for my 9mm AR pistol that are flawless.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by faawrenchbndr.
10 years 10 months ago #25290

• Thank you received: 80

Replied by Lizardette on topic C-Products LR-308/SR-25 Magazines

There don't seem to be any date markings on the ones I have.

I'm actually not surprised by this at all though. It seems like a very common occurrence. A business does well making a good product, then gets sold and the quality drops.
10 years 10 months ago #25396

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic C-Products LR-308/SR-25 Magazines

CProducts was a great company that expanded very quickly. I have three of the 1st ten stainless body AR15 mags. Larry sent them to me as a beta tester, great guy, great quality, untill the company was bought.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 10 months ago #25408

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic C-Products LR-308/SR-25 Magazines

Lizardette, thanks for the detailed explanation.

There's so much information out there and I really dislike ones stating; my buddy's cousins friend had this magazine and said it was junk.. :blink: ...this is not what I'd call a qualified statement.

Magazines and especially those for the AR-10 are hard to come by in these parts. I was at a shop in RI yesterday and picked up a new DPMS MA-3082 for $28.00. Once all the parts for my new build come in and I get it assembled, I'll let you know how this one works.

Thanks again!
9 years 11 months ago #37586

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by silver78 on topic C-Products LR-308/SR-25 Magazines

I remember when CProducts was on the top of the world too. They were the "best" magazine available. Kind of like MagPul is today. I bought a truckload of their 20 round mags when they were great. Tried selling a few a while back on AR15.com but no takers. Their current reputation has diminished the value of all their products. It's a shame really.
9 years 11 months ago #37635

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic C-Products LR-308/SR-25 Magazines

Hello Lizardette, it has been a while, schooling, I think, would be very intense too.

I`d bet a gun-show or two and You could be rid of those mags.
I am hoping that is not going to be the course of Armalite, under the new owners, or that, they do`nt do some price-jacking.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
9 years 11 months ago #37655

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!