Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

I Need .300 RSAUM Magazines

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by MeatAxe556 on topic I Need .300 RSAUM Magazines

Haven't found any -- I guess they're all going to non-free states.

I assume the 20 rounders will work as long as they aren't loaded past 10 rounds?

Apparently, Pmags can be modified to the Armalite AR10 with a little elbow grease and sand paper, so hopefully those can be made to work with .300 RSAUM as well (scroll down on page 2):

www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_124/185685__ARCH...s_right_.html&page=2

I notice that barfcom lifted my thread on this subject -- apparently it was uncomfortable to one of their site sponsors... :rolleyes:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by MeatAxe556.
10 years 9 months ago #26693

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic I Need .300 RSAUM Magazines

May have been something to do with this thread having no posts in about three years.
Get some mags, modify them and post pics here!
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 9 months ago #26694

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Bear on topic I Need .300 RSAUM Magazines

SOC,

Do you know the width of the modified feed lips? My rifle came with a modified 20 round magazine. It feeds 5 rounds just fine, though I ran into a little problem at 7 rounds.

This would just be the distance between vertical front and vertical rear of the feed lips. Mine is probably fairly close. I just received 3 15 round magazines from Armalite.

would the polymer followers work better? I have 5 and 10 round Armalite magazines with smaller lump shapes more like a cartridge that I could move to the 15 round magazines.

With new Timney trigger and more glass, I think this rifle will shoot great groups.
9 years 3 months ago #43714

I just received 3 15 round magazines from Armalite. My rifle came with a modified 20 round magazine. The feed lips are .865" from front vertical line to back vertical line. The width between the lips is .555". Can anyone verify if these are the dimensions I need to modify the new magazines to duplicate??

Thanks,
Bear
9 years 3 months ago #43716

I received a drawing from Tim at Armalite showing dimensions of feed lips and distance between feed lips. The distance from outside rear of magazine to front vertical surface of feed lips is 1.277" +/- .010". Distance between feed lips is .54". Interesting in the diameter of the RSAUM cartridge is .550" at the back of the case.

Hope this helps the lucky few with AR-10TU rifles. By the way, the Timney trigger is very nice, great company.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
9 years 3 months ago #43891

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!