Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

SUREFIRE 100 round magazine MAG5-100 review

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic SUREFIRE 100 round magazine MAG5-100 review

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I thought so too.
From High Standard, there is a procedure for tweaking the lips of the magazines to correct problems encountered on their magazines.
I tried it on a couple of My .22 mags and it straightened them out, then on My .380 auto and it worked for them too.
I would try and tweak down the lip on the left side of the magazine just a wee bit and see how it does then.
I will see if I can find their instructions and postum in here. :cowboy:
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
9 years 10 months ago #39498

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic SUREFIRE 100 round magazine MAG5-100 review

Well now, that did`nt take long and, it was quite painless too. :cheers:

These adjustment are for the High Standard .22 pistol magazines, but, I believe the same principle applies to most all magazines that are made of steel.
Might also be helpfull to get the factory specs. on the mouth of the magazine to be sure it is within specs. too.
I do`nt know how a person would adjust them poly mags.

Magazine Adjustments

22 Long Rifle

All magazines are gauged to be under .360 wide. However, if you receive a magazine that is wider than .360., you can easily correct this with the use of a dial caliper and a pair of pliers or vise grips.
Magazine feeding is very sensitive to the particular ammunition that is being used. Due to the wide variance in ammunition specifications, the width of the magazines feed lips must be adjusted for the particular target ammunition to be used to obtain maximum reliability.
The basic dimensions should be .230 wide for the rear of the front lips and .185 wide for the front of the rear lips. The front and rear lips should also be kept parallel.
Magazines should always be kept clean and well oiled.

NOTE: 1. The .230 dimension is fairly constant for all ammunition. The .185 dimension should be increased if the bullets are feeding too low, and it should be decreased if the bullets are feeding too high. This adjustment can be accomplished with tools like needle nose pliers. You can also make your own tool with a piece of 1/4 in.1/2 in. flat stock by sawing a slot in the end. 2. Due to the overall length of some 22LR match ammunition, it will be impossible to get it to feed ten (10) rounds properly.

CAUTION: 1. The magazine lips are heat-treated and will break if they are bent too much at one time. 2. Magazine feed lips may drag on slide feed rail if decreased in width too much.

Contact us with any problems or concerns about adjusting your magazine or send it to us to adjust.

High Standard has designed a tool to adjust magazines, please call us.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
9 years 10 months ago #39499

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic SUREFIRE 100 round magazine MAG5-100 review

Decided to empty the Surefire 100 rounder today. Shot three at the paper then shot till I hit the 5 inch steel plate on the dueling tree, all at 100 yards with a Bushnell TRS red dot and the Vortex 3x magnifier I got from BMS. Never took more than three shots to hit the steel and most often it was a one round hit. Went for a head shot on three and that gave me one of the misses on the target. I used my Sig PM400 and sent them as fast as I could acquire the target.
No malfunctions but lots of smoke! :woohoo:

LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by jtallen83.
8 years 5 months ago #46325

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic SUREFIRE 100 round magazine MAG5-100 review

The only magazine that has a built in WIFI and credit card reader so you can keep it filled up.
8 years 5 months ago #46326

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic SUREFIRE 100 round magazine MAG5-100 review

Holy Crap! I am repeating myself! This is my post from over a year ago!
8 years 5 months ago #46327

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic SUREFIRE 100 round magazine MAG5-100 review

Still accepting donations, CC numbers or boxes of M193.........thankfully it doesn't place orders on its own, that might get the wife's attention....... :whistle:
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by jtallen83.
8 years 5 months ago #46328

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by harveyspecter on topic SUREFIRE 100 round magazine MAG5-100 review

:I-agree: This image is amazing. Check The best biometric gun safe 2016 in this link
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by harveyspecter.
8 years 4 months ago #46736

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!